13| don't you touch her.

K E N Z I E

As we stride towards the center, I catch Alyssa shooting me dirty looks, which oddly brings a smile to my face. There's a strange satisfaction in how effortlessly I seem to irk her without even trying.

I swiftly pick up the shuttlecock from the floor, grab my racket, and confidently position myself across from Alyssa.

We don't say a word to each other apart from her giving me her dirty looks and me smirking. 

"I don't need to demonstrate how to play badminton because all of you have already done this so when I blow my whistle you may start." Miss Paulson shouts as she roams her eyes across the gym looking at every single one of us.

I swing the racket with deliberate force the moment the whistle blows, sending the shuttle flying. Alyssa, fully focused on the shuttle's movement, dashes towards it but stumbles, crashing onto the floor. My laughter erupts throughout the sports hall, thanking god for putting her in her place without me having to try.

"That's not fair! You did this on purpose didn't you?" She squeals as her face turns red in anger while she is sitting on the floor with her hand over her knee.

"And you were saying you don't want to be with someone who can't do sports right? Why don't you stop being so dramatic and get your ass up so I don't have to stand here wasting my time for you when I could be playing badminton with someone who actually knows how to." I pout my lips as I watch her get up from the floor and wipe her knees with her hands.

I notice Carol walking back into the gym with Miss Paulson right behind her which makes it pretty obvious she has received her daily lecturing. She makes eye contact with me straight away with a grin on her face as she speed walks towards the middle to where me and Alyssa are.

I know exactly what is coming and I try my hardest not to laugh out loud as Carol purposely walks into Alyssa making her trip all over again but this time much harder and tougher.

"Oh shit, I didn't see you there. My bad." Carol sarcastically smiles down at Alyssa who is now on the floor again with a scowl on her face.

"You bitch!" She yells but not loud enough for Miss Paulson to hear since everyone was being loud and she is at the very end of the gym talking to other girls.

"Here, let me help you up." Carol offers Alyssa her hand and smirks as she slowly helps lifting her up but let go leaving her to fall on her ass with a big thud. And that is it. I cannot breathe at all, I try holding onto something but nothing is there so I fall to the floor laughing so badly to the point I am unable to speak.

"Fuck you guys! I'm going to get my boyfriend to ruin your lives!" She cries while struggling to stand back up. God she is so dramatic.

"Do you need help standing?" Carol asks one more time with the biggest grin on her face.

"I can't fucking breathe." I almost choke still on the floor with tears in my eyes.

"Watch your backs." She says with her gritting teeth and finally manages to get up, limping out of the gym.

"Am I suppose to feel bad or something?" Carol turns to me on the floor and asks.

"No."

- - -

Miss Paulson doesn't say anything about Alyssa's disappearance from the gym and she let me and Carol play badminton together. I guess teacher's can have a good side to them.