Ch. 106 It's the Secretary's Day Off, and Now I Have to Fill Her Shoes!

Erina stands with arms crossed, her usually beautiful features twisted into a scowl. Her signature pose. She's clearly unhappy, and Torrey and Soma each have a different idea about the reason.

"Look, Nakiri...I'm sorry," says Soma.

"Yeah. Me too," says Torrey. This throws Erina off, but only momentarily.

"A-as you should be! Now, admit to your mistakes at once," she says, regaining control of the situation. "I already know what they are, of course. But I might be more lenient if you tell me the truth."

"I get it, we should have followed procedures and whatnot...but I just couldn't say no to the kid. He wanted to test his mettle against the First Seat. And I was itchin' for a Food War, too! So we rushed the process a bit, and..." starts Soma.

"Heh?" exclaims Erina, dumbfounded.

"The Shokugeki! Shoulda figured one of our classmates would snitch," says Soma. "I didn't even want to take his knife, but he insisted on holding up his end of the bargain. Even if the match wasn't legit."

"You held an illegal Shokugeki?!"

"Well yeah, that's why you called me into your office. Isn't it?" says Soma, now skeptical.

"R-right. We'll deal with that later. First, let's turn our attention to Torrey. I'm very disappointed in you, too," says Erina, hoping to steal another admission of guilt.

"I know; so am I. But it was a complete accident. That girl must have had her unlucky lecher lure activated or something. It was out of my hands! Figuratively, of course. I didn't mean to grab her there," says Torrey. Erina takes a deep breath.

"Torrey..." she says, clearly trying to compose herself. "Could you describe this indecent act in more detail?"

"I figured it wouldn't be an issue. In fact, it almost seemed like she enjoyed it," says Torrey, puzzled. "So anyways, it was unbelievable. Straight out of an ecchi manga. On my way to first period, I was heading up the stairs, while this girl was heading down the stairs...next thing I know she's falling on top of me. I ended up with a handful of boo...er...chest...and...uh...yeah."

"S-such shameful and lascivisicous behavior is unacceptable, Tormund Waldenpond!" says Erina. Torrey knew he was in big trouble when she used his full name.

"That doesn't sound all that bad. I figured you'd be angrier about the Shokugeki thing," says Soma.

"That was wrong, too! Both of you should be suspended for such blatant disregard of school rules. Lucky for you two, I've already decided on a much more forgiving form of punishment," says Erina.

"I thought Council members could pretty much do whatever they wanted," says Torrey. "Is it really possible to just suspend the First Seat like that?"

"Oh, yeah! I almost forgot. Haha, still getting used being number one, I guess," says Soma.

"Err...well, I might have exaggerated a bit with the whole suspension thing. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm angry with you!"

"That alone is a worthy punishment," says Torrey, earning a sharp glance from Erina.

"Torrey, as you know, you are not a member of the Council, and lecherous behavior will not be tolerated. So, as punishment for your actions...you must serve as my personal secretary, effective immediately!" says Erina, pointing aggressively. This was the real reason that she called them into her office, but her pride kept her from admitting it.