Ch. 97 That...Escalated Quickly

(Author's Note: I think I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to read Volume 36. IDK if my heart can take it, though.)

            Déjà vu. It's one of the strangest sensations that we can experience, as it takes place entirely in the mind. It gets even stranger, too, when it hits you in a dream.

If dreams can be said to represent your subconscious interpretations of reality, then there must be something significant about a repeated dream, or the feeling of déjà vu inside of a dream.

It's possible that we return to the same dreams all the time, and simply don't remember them upon waking. This time when Torrey wakes up, though, he remembers the end of his dream quite clearly, and knows without a doubt that it's the same one he's had before.

Two giant orbs come crashing down from the sky, smothering Torrey and incapacitating him. He feels the oxygen leaving his lungs, and all he can do is flail his arms helplessly...

"Gaaah!" yells Torrey.

"K-kohai...it's too early for that, don'tcha think?" says Rindo, sleepily. She wraps her arms around Torrey and pulls him in closer. The only thing separating them from each other is...well, nothing. Torrey sleeps in his briefs, Rindo in her panties. That's it.

Suddenly, Torrey's being pulled away from Rindo, toward the other side of the bed. If Erina hadn't replaced the mattress when she moved in, there's no way it would've be able to fit three people right now.

"Quit hogging Torrey, Rindo-Senpai..." says Nene. "I need him... to stay warm." Nene, though not quite as soft as Rindo, still has a very comforting embrace. And she's right- it IS a rather cold January morning, only the second one of the new semester.

What the actual fuck...thinks Torrey. And I mean that in the best possible sense of the word.

"Uhh... am I in an episode of High School DxD right now?" says Torrey, trying to stay calm and set himself apart from countless other harem MC's who've experienced similar scenarios. The typical reaction seems to involve panicking and leaping out of bed.

"Haha, you're such a dork, Kohai. But it's cute, really," says Rindo, sliding closer to Torrey this time, rather than pulling him back from Nene. Her long scarlet locks were a tangled mess, but they weren't quite long enough to cover her chest.

"Is this...really so unusual?" asks Nene. It's the first time that Torrey's seen her without her glasses. Her magenta eyes, still half-asleep, didn't look nearly as intense as they usually did. They were actually quite pretty.

"Yes! I mean, you two were dropping some major hints last night, but I told you to go home because I didn't think that...THIS...would be in the spirit of the competition," says Torrey.

Rindo rests her elbow on the pillow, using a hand to prop-up her head while the rest of her alluring figure faces Torrey. He can't decide where to look and ends up eyeing her from head to toe and back again.

"How's that? We needed a place to stay, and you did us a huge solid," says Rindo, with a wink.

"Speaking of solid, umm...this is kind of embarrassing," mutters Torrey.

"It's only a natural reaction. And I agree with Rindo-Senpai. It's not as if anything particularly noteworthy happened last night," says Nene, who's now also staring at Rindo.