Ch. 111 The Best Laid Plans

Alice Nakiri is the type of girl who always gets what she wants. This is hardly a secret; in fact, Alice is usually the first to mention it. She has a lot of things working in her favor, after all.

Being born into the Nakiri family afforded Alice an endless supply of wealth and connections from an early age, and her persistence persuaded her parents to take her with them to Denmark when she was just a child. There, she took her natural talent and raised her abilities to new heights by studying the cutting edge techniques and equipment of molecular gastronomy. It was also in Denmark where Alice met Ryo Kurokiba. Alice managed to tame the fiery fish expert, and convinced him to join her at Totsuki as an aide, after defeating him in countless Shokugekis.

Talent means little without the drive or determination to capitalize on it, and thanks to a childhood spent growing up in the shadow of her cousin Erina, Alice has both of these things in abundance. The kitchen is the battlefield where she will one day surpass her cousin, Alice's only desire that has yet to be fulfilled. At least, it was the only one. Until Torrey showed up.

"Ryo-kun...help me decide what to make. I'm like, totes at a loss right now," said Alice, surveying a pantry in one of the empty cooking halls. Tonight is a special occasion; her first dinner date with Torrey. In true Totsuki fashion, both chefs would be collaborating on the meal together. An intimate duet.

"You said you didn't want me around tonight," said Ryo.

"Exactly, but you still need to help me plan this! I'm relying on your expertise right now. I'm gonna pack this dish full of aphrodisiacs, and that means seafood!"

"Ugh...you're still set on that, huh?"

"Of course! Torrey-kins has shown a lot of restraint by resisting my advances thus far. But once we've both eaten our fill of love-boosting ingredients, he'll be singing a different tune!"

"If you say so. Is this another idea from one of your dumb romance flicks?"

"They're not dumb! And you stayed up late watching the last one with me."

"That's because you ordered me to, Miss. You feel asleep about halfway through, by the way."

"I did? Huh," said Alice. "Wait a second...Torrey-kins is allergic to crab. Do you think he has any other seafood allergies?"

"It'll probably be fine," said Ryo, with a shrug. It didn't make much of a difference to him whether Torrey had an allergic reaction or not. In fact, it might be amusing if he did.

But then Miss would get upset, and she'd probably find a way to take it out on me. Ugh, thinks Ryo.

"On second thought, better not risk it," he adds.

"I was hoping to wait till this evening to talk with Torrey-kins, but this is a great excuse to give him a phone call! I'll clear this up pronto," said Alice, gesturing for Ryo to hand over her phone. It was anybody's guess why she made him carry it around all the time.

**********************************************************************************************

When the final bell of the day rang, Torrey let out a sigh of relief and stretched his arms toward the ceiling.

"Finally. It sucks having the most boring class at the end of the day," he said.

"For once, I can agree with you on something," said Eizan, mirroring his movement.