Ch. 75 Another Month in Hell, Frozen Over

Trudging through the snow and making his way back to the hotel, Torrey's mind was swarming with negative thoughts. This unfortunate condition, resulting from a hollow victory, was something that few Shokugeki winners ever experienced. Torrey realized that if Soma Yukihira was here, he'd be getting an earful about learning to accept the consequences of his actions. 

The relatively short walk seemed to last much longer, thanks to the frigid temperature and the copious amount of snowfall. Immediately upon returning to his hotel room, Torrey jumped into the shower to cleanse away the feelings of guilt.

By the time he got out, his phone already had several missed calls. This left him even more anxious than before.

What's going on? Azami, Rindo...even Tsukasa? This must have something to do with Central, he thought.

Figuring that any of these three would be able to explain things, Torrey immediately ruled out two of the options for a callback. Azami would likely spend the conversation gloating about the destruction of the Resistance. Tsukasa...well, it was almost impossible to even imagine a phone conversation with him.

Rindo was the preferable choice, and naturally, she answered on the first ring.

"Kohai! Great job out there today. Not that I ever doubted you or anything."

"Thanks, Rindo-Senpai. Wait, you already know the results?"

"Yup, yup. It's all thanks to that Shirase guy. He's really good about keeping everyone informed. I also heard that Azami left your match early, soon as he knew that you were gonna win."

"Seriously? I was really nervous after that. I thought I messed up big time and that he couldn't bear to watch or something."

"Nah. And geez, have some confidence, kiddo. You're on the friggin Student Council!"

"True. Thanks for the support, Senpai."

"Any time. So...was there something important you wanted to say to me? Something that's been weighing on your mind?"

"Huh? I thought...you called me, right?"

"Sigh. I guess there's no fooling you, Kohai. I was kinda hoping, I don't know...that you randomly decided to confess your love or something. But yeah, I did call you first."

"So, what's up?"

"You're not gonna believe this! We had this crazy confrontation on the roof, and the helicopter was like 'FWUP FWUP FWUP', and Nakiri was in tears, poor thing, and Tadokoro and Aldini made me some delicious stuff, so of course I had to pass them...oh! And the best part was when Azami was all 'What an utterly ridiculous waste of an idea, Yukihira'. I swear I'm not making this stuff up!"

"..."

"Kohai? You there?"

"...yeah, still trying to process everything I just heard. So there was a confrontation?"

"Big-time confrontation. But it all worked out in the end. We're gonna have a Regiment de Cuisine on Rebar Island."

"Say that again?"

"You're not gonna believe this! We had this crazy confrontation on the roof, and the helicopter was like..."

"Whoa whoa whoa. Not THAT far back. I meant the part about the Regiment Day magazine."