Ch. 100 Hojo's Bizarre Adventure (of Love), Finale

"It was a very close match, and the decision is not unanimous. Ultimately, one chef managed to impress the most, while also creating a dish that was both inspired and inspirational. The winner of this Shokugeki is...Tormund Waldenpond," says Senzaemon Nakiri, nodding solemnly.

A cheer erupts from the crowd, louder than any before it. Urara has to wait for the excitement to die down before closing out the show. She ends up waiting about five minutes. I knew he was popular, but SHEESH. Stop stealing my spotlight! thinks Urara.

"Wow, there you have it! The first Shokugeki of the new semester goes to...ahem...Torrey! Did it live up to the hype or what?"

As the crowd lets out another round of cheers, Urara can be seen speaking with her producer, off to the side. She's back at center stage by the time the noise stops.

"Ladies and gentlemen, hold onto your seats! I've just been told that Miyoko Hojo has something to say to the crowd, as per the conditions of the match," says Urara.

She walks over to Hojo and thrusts the mic into her chest, rather aggressively. All she offers in recompense is a smirk.

Hojo ignores it, takes a deep breath, and glances around the room.

"So...the thing is...wow, that's a lot of people. It didn't bother me when I was cooking, but now...ah, never mind. A bet is a bet. I deserve this shame. Torrey, I'm gonna come right out and say it. I was wrong about you. You're not a gutless pig after all. You're a man. A man whom I..."

Before she can finish her statement, a loud crackle of static rings out from the mic. Everyone in the room instinctively plugs their ears. Moments later, the room is dead silent.

"Umm..." starts Torrey.

"What? Oh right, that wasn't the whole deal. I was also wrong about all of you. Ladies, I apologize. It's clear to me now that Torrey isn't just a distraction or a hindrance. If anything, he's actually been elevating you all, and pushing you to greater heights...like he did for me tonight. I haven't felt that strong of a desire in quite some time...it was kind of nice," says Hojo, blushing slightly as she takes a bow.

"You're welcome, Hojo. But that thing you said..." says Torrey.

"What thing? Gutless pig? It's true, I used to think of you as a gutless pig. But never again!"

"I'm glad you addressed that, but that's not what I meant either. You said something about desire..."

"Oh! I did, didn't I? W-well, I meant to say...desire to win! Yeah, I felt a strong desire to win. What other kind of desire is there? Hahahaha."

"It hasn't been THAT long since I was in charge here. What happened to betting knives and cookbooks and things of that nature?" says Senzaemon, thinking out loud.

"I wouldn't know anything about that, but a confession of love on the big stage? This is far more exciting!" says Orie Sendawara. "Right, Sis...sister?"

Her head turns back and forth in an effort to find her twin, Natsume. When she does, Natsume is practically pouncing on Torrey.

"Here's my card. Let me know if you're interested," whispers Natsume, giving Torrey a strong sense of déjà vu. Rather than handing him the card directly, she reaches slowly across his groin and slips it into his pant pocket. Her hand rests there, much longer than necessary, and suddenly she's gone.