59

"Tell me what?" I stop and look at josh looking confused and seeing a guilty look on his face.

''Ellie shut up you don't know anything!" Josh shouts causing everyones whispers to go silent. What are they talking about? 

''Josh maybe you should just tell her, it's gone to far now.'' Mel tells Josh refusing to look at me, at this point everyone's just looking at Josh while he is still holding back from Ellie. "Tell me what!" I snap and pull out of Josh's grasp. "What is everyone hiding from me I don't understand.''

"Come on Maya you can't be that clueless everyone knows even you're little best friend Farkle-'' Ellie stars but is quickly cut off.

''Farkle?'' I say confused turning to Farkle who's standing by the lockers with Aubrey and Riley with a guilty look on his face.

''it was a bet. Sweet Maya it was all fake.''' Ellie says with a smirk on her face walking closer towards me Josh stands in front of me blocking ellie from getting any closer. ''Stop El please.'' Josh pleads. what's going on, no this can't be happening I felt my heart stop.

''What was a bet- I don't understand.'' I say confused looking at the hall full of teenagers.

"Maya it got to far. We bet Josh he couldn't make you fall in love with him and then he brakes you're heart but it just got to far.'' Riker speaks up. No this can't be happening, I felt my whole world shatter 

''I'm a bet?'' I turn to Josh with a look of defeat. "everything was fake I was a bet for you're little game Josh!!!'' I scream. Josh just stands there with a guilty look on his face... 

''Well I guess we both hurt each other huh Maya? maybe talk to Mason about this.'' Josh says in a  cold tone. I can't believe this. In the matter of minutes I felt my whole world collapse.Everything was a lie. 

''Hey what's going on here everyone get back to class or detention for a whole month!" one of the teachers yells from across the hall. In that moment everyone but our friends left, everyone just standing there shocked staring at Josh and I like animals in a zoo. I look up at Josh tears forming in my eyes, I never felt so betrayed and hurt in my life I can't believe this is happening. But no. He won't see me cry over him anymore I wasted to many tears on him. In that moment although my legs was like stone, stoned to the ground I somehow gathered the strength to walk away. Just walk away and walk out of the school not looking back at the group of teenagers.  I walk out of the double doors of the high school feeling weak, defeated, and drained I hear the doors open behind me. I walk faster thinking it's Josh but when I heard that voice I knew it wasn't.

''Maya wait-'' it was Farkle chasing after me as I'm now walking faster, to where I have no idea. Then I realized I'm always running away. Two things I'm sick of doing from Josh matthews, Crying and running away. In the midst of my anger I stop in my tracks and turn around quickly to Farkle.

''You knew! You knew everything and hid it from me!!" i shout leaving the boy shocked. ''You knew I was a bet and going to get hurt but you kept it from me, what happened to being best friends since the first grade huh? what happened to that Farkle!'' I shout louder as he's just looking at the ground guilty.

''Maya look I'm sorry I wanted to tell you but-'' in that moment before he can finish his sentence Riley and Josh come rushing out of the schooling looking for me. Farkle and I turn our gaze to them however they didn't see us. ''Just let me drive you home and I'll explain everything please.'' He pleads. 

''Fine just hurry up.'' We rush inside Farkle's car just hoping to get a escape to not talk to Josh. I can't believe him, and the fact he was still mad over Mason which is bad i'll admit but not worse then lying to me for months over a bet. I sit in Farkle passenger seat needing to know more even though it would hurt me more and not benefit anything, I didn't care I just had to know.

''Okay tell me everything'' I say, keeping my gaze on the road in front of us as he drives through the crowded street.

''It all started when..''