32

Maya Pov
We all get out of the car my heart beating fast from how close I was to loosing everything in that car crash. I feel liquid on my forehead and slowly touch it I look at my hand to see blood. I must of hit my head when Riker slammed brakes? See Josh's car and see him and Violet my blood boils how fast he moved on. Or maybe this is why he wanted me to forget about him because of her.
"Maya are you ok?" Josh rushes to me. "Stop it I hate it when you treat me like a child." I swat his arm away. "What are you talking about?" He asks. "I don't like you." I say plainly. "Woah your head is pretty messed up here." Theo checks out my head and takes off his jacket he places the fabric on my forehead. "Here this should help." He says and we look each other in the eyes and in the corner of my eye I can see Josh fuming. "Thanks." I smile. "Ok that's enough. Come on I'm taking you home." Josh announces grabbing my hand. "Don't touch me!" I spat shocking everyone at my tone. "I don't want nothing to do with you." Looking him in the eyes I tell him slowly.I take a deep breath and turn around to see everyone standing there in shock. "Riker can you please take me home?" I ask in a calm, nice tone. He says yes and drives me back to my house the car ride is silent which I prefer than answering five hundred questions.
Once I get home I put on comfortable clothes.

I take out my laptop and sit on my bed finishing a paper I had for English I try to focus as hard as I possibly can but my thoughts keep drifting to what I said to Josh earlier

I take out my laptop and sit on my bed finishing a paper I had for English I try to focus as hard as I possibly can but my thoughts keep drifting to what I said to Josh earlier. Oh god why did I say that to him I didn't mean it, truth is although he brings all this drama and confusing thoughts in my life... I like having him around and in my life. He makes me feel..... Safe.
But what do you do when a person can make you so happy and so sad within a matter of seconds?
As I space out in my thoughts I notice something on my chair, Josh's leather jacket? When did he leave that here? Oh yeah after that night in the city when he came threw the window and apologized. Something makes me get up and go to the jacket maybe it's the guilt? I pick up the jacket that still has his scent I hold it close to me as I sit back down on the bed. How can I miss him this much? I just seen him earlier, and told him I never wanted to see him again which is not true. I unfold the jacket and something falls out onto the floor. I look at the ground and see a jewelry box I slowly bend down and slowly open it...
And inside is the heart necklace

I saw in the window at the mall today

I saw in the window at the mall today.Oh my gosh. Under the necklace I notice is a little piece of paper I take it out of the box and unfold it.
To Maya,
I'm not good at cute notes and romantic moments like in the notebook and shit so just bear with me here. I know I can be a huge jerk and very difficult at times but the thing I like the most about you is that you fight with me and take on my difficulties no one else dose that. And there's so many things I can name that I like about you but that would take all day. But I hope this says what I can't say.
I saw it and thought about you Maya Hart. I hope you wear this so that way no matter where you go or where I am in the world you always have a little piece of my heart with you.
-You're Josh.
I can't stop smiling and blushing at the note and how he referred to himself as mine my stomach has butterflies and I can't stop the big goofy smile on my face.
Knock.Knock.
I hear a knock I lift my head Josh. Apart of me is happy he's here but another part is scared that we could fight any minute and the happiness in me could fade and make me sad once again. I go over to the window and take a deep breath before opening it. "What are you doing here?" I ask as he comes through the window. "I-" he stops mid-sentence eyeing me up and down. "What?" I ask nervously. "You look... Wow." He's at loss for words, I Gordos my brows in confusion. "I'm in sweatpants with no makeup?"
"Still you look amazing." He smiles at me and for five seconds we stay in silent but not an awkward silence just a admiring silence as we stare into each others eyes.
"Oh anyway I had to write a poem for poetry class and I wanted to run it by you." He surprises me both with that he wrote a poem and he wants my opinion. "Why?" I ask and he simply shrugs. "You're opinion matters to me" I blush and look down as he walks over to my bed. "You finally found it?" He smiles. "Yeah. The note and the necklace it was really beautiful." I tell him. He picks up the box and takes the necklace out. "Turn around." He says softly, I turn around and lift up my hair as he brings the necklace around and puts it on. Once the necklace is on I feel his breathe on my neck and I let go off my hair letting it fall to one side of my shoulder. He kisses my cheek and slowly trails down to my neck..
To be continued..

(A/N Ok so I don't read a lot of poetry so can some of you guys do me a favor and comment a poem *it don't have to be originally* that you think matches Josh and Maya or just the story. Just comment any poem you's like. Thanks babes ❤️"