08

After that night in the elevator with Josh I went back to Riley's room and told her everything no more lying.It's been five days five long days trying to avoid Josh as much as possible which wasn't hard because that's what I been doing since I first met him, things have been quiet and normal which I prefer.After class I was putting books in my locker and deep into my thoughts when someone snapped me out of my thoughts. ''Hey Maya.'' I turn to see Riley, I give her smile before closing my lockers. ''What's up Riles?'' I ask as we walk down the hall walking to history class.

''Lucas was telling me there's a bonfire on saturday you coming?'' Who has a bonfire in new york city?

''In new york? We live in the city pretty sure there's no beaches here, unless you go to like the Hampton's or something.'' I tell her while we take our seats in the crowded class room waiting for the teacher he must be late.

''It's at fire island.''

''Riles that's all the way in long island.'' I say opening my notebook getting ready to write notes on todays class.

''It's only a hour drive Lucas said he would drive us.'' She replies right when the teacher walks in.

''I don't think so it's not really my scene but thanks anyways.'' I shrug.

''And getting drunk at a party and making out with my brother in a elevator is?'' I give her a smile before saying.

''Alright I'll go.'' I agree and class starts.The whole time during class I can't help but think about Josh and how he kissed me and how it calmed me down, Did I like it? No I can't like it I push the thoughts to the back of my head and focus on class.

After Class I walked over to my locker to get my books out for my next class.

''Maya.'' I hear my name be called and look up to see Kyle, I totally forgot about him.He's so cute and really good for me I just wish he would let me know if he likes me to.

''Hey.'' I smile at him as he walks towards me and leans on the locker next to mine.

''So I heard you're coming to the bonfire.'' He smiles at me, I see in the corner of my eye girls staring obviously jealous because Kyle is the most popular guy in school every girl wants him but I still don't know why they would be jealous of me.

''How could you possibly know that I just agreed like 30 minutes ago?'' I furrowed my brows in confusion.

''Riley made a group chat with Lucas and Me while you's was in class.'' He replies.Riley was always a genius secret texter in class.

''Well yeah I'm going.And I'll see you on the game on friday.'' I close my locker trying not to seem nervous around him.

''Yeah and I was wondering if you wanted to get something to eat tonight I don't know if I can wait till the game on friday.'' Before I could reply I hear Riley run up besides me.

''We would love to!'' She answers for me.

''Riley!''

''What Lucas can come to we can make it a double date.'' As much as I love Riley right now in this moment I wanted to smack her over the head, She totally just embarrassed me in front of him oh my god.

''That sounds great double date.I'll pick you up at six?'' Kyle asks, I nod an give him my address we exchange goodbyes and walk in different directions.

''I can't believe you did that."" I tell Riley as we walk down the hall.

''It's fine Maya,Kyle is one of my friends and he didn't seem to mind.''If anyone knows Kyle it's Riley or Lucas they always spend a lot of time together mostly Lucas and the rest of the team but being that Riley is always with Lucas Riley and Kyle talk a lot to.

''Yeah I guess.'' Kyle is such a nice guy unlike Josh.Stop it Maya you got to get him out of you're head, Why am I thinking of Josh so much I mean the kiss was nothing right?

''Maya.Maya!'' Riley snaps me out of my thoughts.

''Yeah sorry.''

''You ok?'' She ask.

''Yeah I'm fine.''

''Well can I borrow you're notes for english?'' Riley ask once the bell rings.

''Yeah sure I'll drop by you're house after school.'' We both exchange goodbyes and head to our separate classes.I walked into science class and took my regular seat next to Farkle.

''Hey.'' I say to Farkle.

''Hey.'' He says back and looks back down at his notebook continuing to write in his notebook,I always see him writing in there or on his cell phone I guess he's not really that much of a talkative person.I turn my attention to the teacher before I hear Farkle whisper to me. ''Josh was asking about you last night by the way.'' My heart stops at the mention of his name and at what Farkle just told me, I turn to him.

''What?''