12

*A/N up there is a trailer for a riarkle story I'm currently in the middle of writing because I love riarkle I ship so much!So let me know what you guys think.And also don't forget to like and comment.*

''Josh it's two am and freezing what are we doing.'' Were just walking around new york in the dark and freezing cold I don't understand what he wants.

''You're in for the night of you're life Maya Penelope hart.'' I make a disgust face at the use of my middle name. ''And here.'' He takes of his jacket and wraps it around me.

''Why are you being so nice to me?'' This is not the Josh I known my whole life.He just smiles and shrugs before grabbing my hand and leading me down a side walk, I look around at the beautiful new york buildings and lights.

''I don't understand why you wanna go to seattle when it's so nice here.'' Josh says while still holding my hand.

''How did you know I wanted to go to seattle?'' Did I ever tell him that? Probably not because we barley ever talk and when we do were screaming at each other.

''I paid attention I guess.'' I like this Josh as much as I hate to say it I'm actually enjoying this side of him and not the jerk side. ''I mean isn't it always windy there or something?'' He says causing me to laugh.

''That's Chicago.Seattle is the rainy city.''

''Same thing.'' He shrugs.

''I want to visit Chicago though, I mean there's also a lot of places I want to go I only ever been in New York.What about you?'' I'm curious to know.

''I been everywhere I want to go already.'' He says, I admit I always been jealous of Riley and all her fun family vacations how she went to the hawaii to swim with the dolphins,to California and visit movie sets.

''Must be nice.''

''Why don't you come with us?Like on family vacations?''

''I don't know I guess I never thought of it?'' Comes to think of it I don't know why I never went with them I'm sure Riley must have invited me many of times I just never really thought about going I guess? As Josh and I continued to walk down the side walk.They don't call it the city that never sleeps for nothing all though it's two am there's still some people on the side walk (not as much during the day of course) and cars and taxi's filling the street.After a few more minutes of walking we end up in time square I only ever been in time square one other time in my life when I was seven my mom took me I don't remember that much.

''Look how bright everything is.'' I couldn't help the big smile on my face like a kid in a candy store.

''Yeah but you shine brighter.'' He says in a low voice almost low I couldn't hear it, I choose to ignore it and continue to take in my surroundings.

''That's the biggest toys r us I ever seen.'' I stare in awe at the toy store and hear Josh laugh in the back of me.

''You know most girls would be more interested in the big makeup store.''

''I'm not most girls.'' I turn around to face him,Once he stops laughings he stares at me in a way no one has ever stared at me, do I have something on my face? ''Why are you staring at me like that?''

''You look....Good.'' He says causing my heart to stop.

''Really?''

''Yeah.Lets go get some ice cream.'' He reaches his hand out for me to grab which I do. ''Have you ever been to central park?''

I shake my head. ''No never had the time.''

''Never had the time.What are you doing.'' He chuckles pulling me closer to him.

''Homework and stuff.''

''Is school all you thing about?''

''Yes getting into college is very important to me.And is there a ice cream place open this late?''

''Serendipity's is.'' He gives me a smile, it's almost kinda like the smile Cory gives Topanga or the look Farkle gives Riley when she's not looking.

''What's serendipity's?"

''Maya you lived in New york for what you're whole life and you haven't done anything fun.''

''Well that's what I got you for.''

''That is true babe.'' He puts his arm around me and we arrive at a small restaurant with the windows decorated beautifully.Once we enter and are seated.Josh begins to tell me how amazing the frozen hot chocolate is and telling me about some movie called serendipity where apparently they met at a store and came to this restaurant and fell in love or something.

''We should watch it sometime.'' I tell him.

''Yeah sometime.'' He replies, We eat the frozen hot chocolate which was amazing just like Josh said and talked about our favorite old movies and music surprisingly we had a lot more in common then I thought.Once we are done Josh tells me we're going to central park.I check my phone Three-Forty

Something that has always ran through my mind was how come Josh is the way he is he comes from a perfect family and raised in a loving household why is he so bad all the time.I push the question to the back of my mind because I know if I ask him he either won't answer or get mad and I don't want to ruin this night.He's holding my hand and telling me about his favorite places in New York while we walk around central park the way the moonlight shines on the lake and the tall New york buildings light up the sky.

''I always wanted to go to the empire state building and just overlook all of New york.''

''I'll take you.''

''Promise?''

''I promise.'' He promises and brings me up a big rock.

''It's so pretty.'' I sit down on the rock admiring the city.

''It's even prettier during the day.''

''I can imagine.'' I reply.We sit there admiring New york in silence.I had a lot more fun then I thought I would have tonight, After a couple minutes of silence I turn to Josh.

''You ok?You haven't really talked in a while?''

''Yeah I'm fine.'' He says in a way that you can tell he's not.Before I could open my mouth to call him out on it he says. ''I just been thinking a lot and....I kinda...just.Don't want anyone to know about what happened in the elevator..Just because well you know-'' I cut him off.

''Wait.Is that why you been so nice to me tonight?So you won't feel embarrassed when I tell people we kissed?''

''No Maya that's not it- Well maybe well-'' He stops talking once I get up and start walking away. ''Maya wait.'' He grabs my wrist which I snap out of his hand.

''Save it.Don't worry I won't tell anyone about it like it never happened and like tonight never happened-''

''No that's not what I want.'' He cuts me off.

''Well that's what I want so from now on we go back to the way things used to be you don't acknowledge me and I won't acknowledge you.We're strangers.Goodbye.'' I say on the verge of tears before walking away I don't want him to see me cry.And he didn't but I cried the whole way home and the whole night.