10

*A/N Don't forget to vote and comment please I love reading you're guys comments and it means a lot to me thanks!*

The whole time at dinner all I could think about was what Josh had said before I left.

''Feel bad for the guy.'' Kept going through my head over and over again, What did he mean?Am I really that bad?I don't know why all of a sudden I care what he thinks and why I keep thinking about him.Heck why am I even thinking about him right now I'm with Kyle a guy I have had a crush on since I was twelve. You have had a crush on Josh since you was five. My subconscious adds in, Shaking my head from those thoughts I turn my attention back to the boys and Riley all talking about how awesome batman vs superman movie looks.

''We should go see it together when it comes out.'' I tell Kyle with a smile while leaning onto his shoulder.

''Oh speaking of the movies next friday we should all go see that sisters movie!'' Riley says in excitement.

''Sounds like fun.'' Kyle shrugs putting his arm around me. ''And yes I would love to see Batman vs superman with you.'' We smile and stare into each others eyes for a couple seconds before Lucas speaks up.

''Hey Riley is that you're brother?'' Lucas asks Riley causing me to turn my head to where he's pointing as fast as I can.I see Josh and his group of friends who I met at the party and haven't spoken to since then except Mel who I talked to at the mall.

''Yeah.This is a really fancy restaurant what are they doing here?'' Riley says.

''Were at olive garden it's two for twenty.'' I remind Riley.

''Well still look at the breadstick there wrapped in fancy napkins.'' She defends. ''Just ignore them maybe we'll be lucky and they won't come over here.'' Riley rolls her eyes, Her and Her older brother never really got along she hates because he's always smoking and making rude remarks about her.

''I don't think were that lucky.'' Lucas says motioning to Josh walking over to us.

''Losers.'' He greets us.

''Cliche much don't you think big brother?'' Riley glares at him Josh glares back.My breathing starts to hitch scared of what Josh might say in front of Kyle and Lucas mostly Kyle.

''You must be Kyle.'' Josh smiles at Kyle. Oh no.

''Yeah hey.'' Kyle replies as him and Josh shakes hands.What are they best buddies now?

''I want ice cream.'' I say to Kyle ''Lets go right now.See you tomorrow Riles.Ranger rick.'' I say in a rush and grab Kyle walking out of the restaurant.Once we walk outside I feel the cold new york air calming me.

''Maya!'' I hear behind me making me tense again.I know that voice to well by now, I'm frozen in that moment and can't get my feet to move. ''You forgot you're jacket.'' Josh says handing me the jacket and our hands touch, We stand there staring in each others eyes not realizing that we are.

''Thanks.'' I remove my hand from his warm soft hands.

''Here I'll help you.'' Kyle grabs my jacket helping me put it on I give him a weak smile. ''See you around man.'' Kyle smiles at Josh and grabs my hand.

''You too." Josh says and walks back into the restaurant.Kyle's so nice, so less complicated we're the same unlike Josh and I. I don't even know why I am thinking of Josh and I but for some reason I like it. Josh and Maya it's cute- Wait never mind maya stop it.

''So ice cream?'' Kyle snaps me out of my thoughts.

''You know I'm actually full.You wanna just walk me home and we can take a raincheck on the ice cream?'' Normally I would jump up and down at the thought of going to get ice cream with Kyle Lockwood but now I don't know what it is maybe I'm just tired.Yeah it's been a long day once I wake up tomorrow I'll be back to normal.

''Of corse.'' He replies and we start to walk.

''So what are you're plans for after high school?''

''I plan on going to Harvard med and become a doctor.'' He tells me the last thing I would except him to say. ''Shocking right?'' He laughs.

''No- well yes.I just always assumed it would be baseball or football.'' I shrug.

''Don't get me wrong I love baseball I just always wanted to help people mostly kids.'' And I thought he couldn't be anymore perfect.

''Cute,funny,smart and caring.Wow you're the whole package.'' I joke, he ask me about my plans which I tell him and we continue to talk about the future what we hope for in the world he is very intelligent.

''Thank you for walking me home I had a really nice time.'' I say truthfully.

''I did to.'' He replies.We stand in silence for a couple of seconds before I notice Kyle start to lean in to kiss me, something tells me Don't kiss him.

''Wait.'' I say before our lips touch he stops. ''I'm sorry it's just- I think we should take things so slow.''

''Yeah take things slow.'' He smiles and nods.We say goodbye and I go inside my apartment, Mom is sleeping so I go straight to my room and put on pajamas.That night I lay in bed recapping the entire day.