09

''What?'' I sit there in shock trying not to seem nervous on the mention of his name.How dose he even know this?

''Wh-what he say?'' I stutter.

''He asked if you and Kyle was going out and what you was doing friday night.'' He replied going back to writing.

''What did you say? And why did he want to know that?'' I shouldn't have asked him the second one but I'm just in shock.

''I just said I have no idea and how should I know he's weird I guess.'' He shrugs and looks up to the chalk board to pay attention to the teacher.The whole class I sat in shock not paying attention to class, Why would Josh ask about me and Kyle and why would he want to know what I'm doing friday.More weird why was him and Farkle talking?

The rest of the class went by faster than usual proubaly because I wasn't paying attention in my own world so it must of went by.Science was my last class so after school I went to Riley's to give her my notes, I climb through her bedroom window to see Riley holding up dresses to herself in the mirror.

''Trying to figure out what to wear tonight?'' I chuckle.

''Yeah I have no idea, What if I wear blue that way me and Lucas can match?'' She ask holding up a blue flowly dress.

''Dose ranger rick own any shirt other than blue?'' I tease while pulling out my notebook from english.

''What are you going to wear?''

''Haven't decided yet.'' I shrug.

''Maya this isn't just any ordinary date this is Kyle Lockwood the most popular guy in our school.You can borrow something of mine.'' She rushes to her closets and pulls out a load of fancy dresses, I roll my eyes playfully at her.

''It's dinner not a ball.'' I remind her handing her my notes.

''Just try something on.'' I shrug and look at the dresses there all very bright and flowy Riley and I have way different taste.

''Wait I have something you might like.'' She goes back in her closet looking for something within seconds she returns holding a garment bag.

''My mom got me this for freshman year graduation I never wore it though.'' She opens the bag revealing a knee length black dress with gorgeous lace and sheer on the top.The detail on the dress was absolutely beautiful.

''Riley it's beautiful.'' I say in staring at the dress in shock.

''It's yours.'' She hands me the dress

''What?No Riley you love this dress.''

''I love you more.And I don't wear black anyways plus if I wear it I'm pretty sure dad would never let me out of the house so.'' We both laugh.

''Thank you.'' I hug my best friend.

''Alright let's do you're makeup now.'' She says once we pull away.

''That's okay Riley I am perfectly capable to do my own makeup.'' I tell her.This is isn't like the tv shows where the nerd girl gets a makeover and suddenly is a gorgeous model this is real life if I put on mascara I have a zero percent chance of looking like Beyoncé.

''Okay if you say so.'' She throws her hands up in defense.We both laugh and go into the bathroom to apply our makeup.I make the thinnest line possible of black eye liner on my top lid and add a couple coats of mascara.I apply some bronzer and a nude lipstick to top it all off.After about a good fifteen minutes of Riley hassling me about doing my hair I agree and let her straight iron my hair.Once we was done getting ready its five-fifty we still had ten minutes before the boys came to pick us up, Riley was curing her hair while I was all ready.

''Maya can you get my phone from the kitchen please I wanna see if Lucas texted me?'' She asks why curing another section of hair.

''Yeah sure.'' I reply before walking out of Riley's room only to bump into someone.Not just anyone...Josh Matthews.

I look into his bright blue eyes while he just looks down at my outfit with a confused look.

''Someones all dressed up.'' He says not bothering to look me in the eyes.

''Yeah Kyle and I are going to dinner with Riley and Lucas.'' Not that he cares,I shouldn't have even told him.He stands there for a few more seconds in silence continuing to stare at my outfit making me a little self conscious.Why isn't he saying anything?And why won't he look me in the eyes?Not that I care I can't stand him the less he says the better.

''Feel bad for the guy.'' He says in a low tone while walking into his bedroom and slamming the door behind him.

''The guys are here- You ok?'' Riley ask standing next to me.

''Fine.'' I give her a fake smile. ''Let's go.'' We lock arms and go downstairs to meet the boys.