53

(A/N fair warning this chapter sucks but I have bad writers block mixed with depression but I wanted to get a update out here for you guys cause you's are the best so here you go!)

Maya

I walk up to Josh and his friends as they continue smoking away.
"Uh oh, trouble." One of the says causing the group to laugh except Josh he shoots his head up and notices me.
"What are you doing?" He asks passing the blunt to another one of the guys.
"What am I doing? What are you doing were about to leave." I say trying to stay calm. The smell of nicotine is all around me along with the smoke filling the warm air.
"You better get back to you're duties I mean who else is gonna hold her purse." One of the boys says causing all the boys to laugh and make other comments about Josh being "whipped" all the boys are laughing except for Josh and Mason who both look pissed.
"You know if wouldn't kill you's to not act like assholes the whole time." Mason speaks up.

(A/N HEY BABY 😍😍😍😍 damnnnn 🙄🙄🙄❤️❤️❤️ ok sorry continue)

The boys stop laughing obviously shocked at Mason. Josh rolls his eyes taking in a deep breath before grabbing my arm and pulling me aside far enough to where the group of boys can't hear us.
"Why are you so mad? Did something happen?" I ask.
"Yeah everyone is calling me fucking whipped because everyone somehow knows about me and you!" He sighs running a hand through his hair.
"I see how it is." He looks at me. "You're embarrassed of me." I continue. He stays silent looking everywhere except at me. This is just it when I think we are making progress it's right back to step one like we're taking two steps forward and three steps back, but for some odd reason I always keep coming back as if I enjoy it as if the more he pushes me away makes me want him more like I enjoy it I enjoy his sick twisted game.
"I can't live like this Josh. Figure out what you want because it seems as you don't know what you want." I walk back inside to where the rest of the class still was. Mr Harvey was on his phone looking frustrated as the class was around the lobby talking.
"Hey where's Mr Hall I thought we were leaving?" I ask Riley as she's laying down on the couch typing on her phone.
"We was but then Yogi thought it would be fun to hang from the chandelier and fell so Mr.Hall is at the hospital with him so I guess we got the day to our selfs." Riley shrugs.
"Not so fast super klutz." Mr Harvey says. Mr Harvey is our gym teacher who occasionally teaches Sex Ed he's usually complaining about his marriage and how he can't loose weight or how he should have been a figure skater... Yeah I don't know. I guess Mr hall felt bad for him and decided to bring him on this trip and he's guard to make sure the girls and boys don't sneak out at night. "Damn it I swiped left when I wanted to swipe right!" He exclaims at his phone.
"Sir, aren't you married? Why are you on tinder?" Riker asked confused.
"Be quiet or else I fail you. Now get over here punk rock and show me how to work this." Riker rolls his eyes getting up from the couch walking over to one of the other couches that Mr.Harvey is on to help him.
After a few minutes Riley, Farkle and I talk about our love for stranger things on netflix.Mr Harvey groans throwing his phone and mumbling something about tinder he gets up from the couch in frustration. "You know what forget this I'm going to watch the Big Bang Theory explore have fun." He's about to walk off but turns back around immediately. "But don't have sex, didn't you's see on the news that couple that had sex at build-a-bear and got sucked into the stuffing machine." We all exchange confused glances as Mr Harvey walks off back to his room.
"Well what now?" Lucas asks.
"I guess we got the last day to our selfs." Farkle shrugs most of the class splits up doing there own thing the only people left in the lobby are Riley, Farkle, Riker, Mel, Ashley, Theo and me. Mason now joins us taking a seat next to Riker not saying anything. As usual. He's always so quiet.
"Where's Josh?" Riley whispers in my ear. "Don't wanna talk about it." I whisper back.
We all throw ideas back and forth until someone comes up with the idea to go for a hike.
"It's not like we have something better to do." Farkle shrugs.
"I'm going to the museum." Ashley announces Mel decides to go with her.
"Hikes ain't my thing but I'll catch up with you guys later." Theo says getting up. Theo and I exchange a smile before he walks up to his room.
We all decide on the hike and walk outside to the rental car.
The car ride was normal everyone was talking, listening to music except I was on my phone waiting for Josh to text or call, dose he really not care?
I can't help but click on my camera roll and look at all the pictures of Josh and me together there's not a lot but just these couple of photos make me smile.
"Where here." Riley announces.

Later...

The hike was more fun than I thought Riley and I took cute selfies and pictures of the Beautiful scenery it was all going well until Riley fell down a hill while trying to face swap faces with a tree on snapchat and broke her leg.
"We should take her back to the hotel." Farkle suggest.
"Yeah good idea come on Riles" I help Riley up and we are about to walk to the car until she says. "Don't be silly, Farkle can just take me back you guys enjoy the rest of the hike it our last day here." Riley laughs like she had just broken a nail instead of a leg.
"Riley you're crazy I'm not gonna leave you alone." I tell her.
"Peaches I'm fine I promise stay have fun I'll text you later." After minutes of Riley and I going back and forth I finally give in and decide to stay and continue. Riker decides he wants to go back to the hotel as well, they call a uber and Farkle and Riker take Riley back to the hotel. Now it's just Mason and Me standing in awkward silence.
It's awkward because we never really spoken to each other.
"So... This place is so beautiful." I try to make conversation as we start walking. "Yeah I love taking hikes." He replies looking around.
"Really?" I asked kinda surprised he never really seemed like that type.
"Yeah sometimes on The weekends when I visit my sister in New Jersey I take hikes there. It's really beautiful." He replies. This is the first time I ever talked to him and he's actually not that bad.

Later...

Mason and I continue talking mostly small talk he's a very shy person but I realized we do have a lot in common. We continued the walk until my phone buzzed in my pocket I talk my phone out and click on Instagram.
Posted one minute ago: ashleycattt97

I see Ashley posted a picture of her kissing Josh cheek. Was this just now? Why's he with her?
I'm so distracted by the picture that I don't notice where I'm walking and accidentally trip on a huge rock falling down and hitting my head on another big rock. I fall to ground with my head aching.
"Oh my god are you ok?!" Mason asks concerned.
"Yeah I'm fine." I reply, I start to feel a liquid on my head I touch my forehead looking at my hand I see blood. Oh my god this can't be happening.
"Wow that's bad." Mason says before standing up and taking off his flannel leaving him in his tight fitted black V neck showing off his toned arms. He wraps the shirt around my head while he's doing this we lock eyes for a moment, for the first time since I have known him we look each other in the eyes. Looking up him up close I notice his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes that are so soft and look like they hold so much... So much hurt.