19

That night all I could remember was Josh and I falling asleep in each other arms the next morning he wasn't there, I assumed he went to school early but then remembered there are days Josh barley ever goes to school so him going early is a defiant no.Shrugging it off and realizing I still have a while before school starts I take a slower pace than usual, I go into the shower feeling the hot water fall onto my skin feeling all my muscles relaxed after about ten minutes I turn the water off and get out making my way to my dresser. Once I get dressed, brush my teeth and do all that jazz I grab my phone and my purse I grab a apple from the kitchen and get a text from Riley saying to meet her at the subway rather than her place.

"I'm not even gonna tell you anymore." Riley rolled her eyes holding onto the rail in the subway."I told you about my brother it's a bad idea that's just gonna get you hurt in the end." Riley seemed annoyed about Josh and me falling asleep together last night."Yeah but look at it this way if Josh and I get married we're sisters." I tease Riley.Obviously I'm joking I would never think of marriage right now especially to Josh out of all people. But maybe he's not so bad. My subconscious add in.Turning my attention back to Riley she has that big goofy smile that I love so much like when you mention Pluto to her or purple cats.

"Maya I totally ship it!" Riley says in excitement when the train comes to a stop. I chuckle at her excitement and we both exit the subway together. "But what would you're guys ship name be!Mosh?...Oh oh! Joshaya!" I furrow my brows at her in confusion. "Ew no." We both laugh and walk to school which is not a far way from the subway.

The New York always made me happy I love New York not only is it home but it's amazing just the feeling of being here is incredible. The tall skyscrapers, the people, the smell of hotdogs on every corner.Even though it's only late fall time right now it's freezing cold Riley and I should be use to this by now? Guess not? Once we walk into school Riley tells me she has to talk to Mr.Jacob's our English teacher about our English assignment. I head over to my locker putting and taking out books. "Hey Maya!" I hear a female voice.

I look up to see Ellie smiling. Now that I get a better look at her she's really pretty with her long brown hair and tan skin she looks like she just came back from a island or something and her smile was perfect I swear she could be in a toothpaste commercial."Hey." I reply back feeling slightly insecure. "After school we're all going to steak and shake wanna come?" She ask. Steak and Shake is kinda the hangout place that and topangas but Topanga's is more a more quiet place more for relaxing Steak and Shake is a big burger and milkshake restaurant where the boys can make loud obnoxious jokes and girls can complain about how much sugar is in soda.

I remember I have to go to Mel's and help her pick out a outfit for the bonfire I assume Mel is going being that, that's all her friends but I'm just not really in the mood to hang out with Josh and his friends all day. "No thanks maybe another time?" I decline as politely as possible. "Aw I know how excited Theo was to see you. But okay another time." Theo? I think he's the one I talked to at the game, why would he be excited to see me? "El come on let's go." Josh comes up to us and grabs Ellie's hand with a big smile plastered on his face. "I'll see you later?" She smiles before walking away holding Josh's hand. I know I shouldn't care because she's not interested in Josh for obvious reasons but still I can't help it. Wait. And did Josh completely not even acknowledge me he didn't even look at me?
RING! RING!

The bell rings snapping me out of my thoughts about Josh and the gorgeous brunette. I close my locker and go to class. I head to Math class which was boring as usual I always hated math. After Math I go to go to my favorite class English. I took my regular seat next to Darby class was normal, once the bell rang everyone got up and rushed out of the class room it took me longer to collect my work putting it in my bag. "Maya wait up for a minute." Mr. Jacobs says. "Yeah what's up?"
"I know you're interested in Washington State after you graduate and although that is a long time away I am good friends with the Dean there and I was able to write you a recommendation letter.''

''Are you kidding me that's amazing!'' I start beaming from happiness. ''But one thing, I know you're interested in journalism and they wanted you to write something like about you're life.'' He goes into explaining more to me about it.Although I'm excited to get a opportunity like this I'm nervous what if they don't like what I write or I'm boring? ''Thank you so much!'' I say to Mr. Jacobs for the hundredth time and walk out of the classroom.I can't believe this I'm so excited but nervous and scared at the same time.I rushed over to history and took my regular seat next to Riley. ''Someone's happy?'' He notices the huge smile on my face, I tell her about what Mr.Jacobs told me and we was having a hard time holding in our screams both of us just wanted to jump up and down and scream.

''I'm so happy for you!'' Riley tells me and we talk throughout the whole class not really paying attention neither was the teacher.Once school ends Riley tells me her and Lucas are going to get something to eat she invites me which I decline I have to help Mel pick out a outfit and I don't want to a third wheel.I walk outside the school and see Farkle sitting on the steps of school texting on his phone I decide to go see what he's up to I haven't really talked to him in a while.''Hey Farkly.'' I take a seat next to him ''What you doing?'' I ask, he looks up from his phone and puts it away. ''Waiting for Aubrey she's helping out in the library.'' I never knew much about Farkle and Aubrey relationship but I knew they really cared about each other I mean there each others first loves. ''Are's you back togethers?''

''It's...'' He struggles to find the word to explain it. ''Complicated.'' We both say in usion. We start to talk for a couple minutes about him and Aubrey, the baseball game and then Ellie Farkle insist she's a bitch. ''I think she's nice.'' I shrug. ''People are fake Maya trust no one.'' I stay silent for a couple seconds thinking about what Farkle just said and when I open my mouth to talk I'm beat to it by a female voice. ''Ready Farkle?'' I look up and see Aubrey smiling down at Farkle. ''Hi Maya!'' She says in a cheery tone. ''Hey.'' I reply. Aubrey and Farkle invite me to the mall with them which I decline what is with everyone and wanting me to be there third wheel? I walk to Mel's house and the whole time my mind keeps replying what Farkle said.

''People are fake Maya trust no one.''

*A/N Um so I have a really bad memory and totally forgot what was the university Maya wanted to go to in this book I just put Washington State because it was the first thing that came to mind so if anyone remember the university Maya wanted to go to please comment it and I'll go back and fix it.And please don't forget to vote and comments.Thanks babes!*