Chapter 14 ~ The Rise of the Great Devourer

(The Destiny's Bounty is flying through a storm; in his cabin, Master Wu uses the spirit smoke and sees the ninja being surrounded by the Serpentine before seeing himself being eaten by the Great Devourer and gasping. In the dining room, Kai, Nya and Jay are keeping watch over the four silver Fangblades.)

Nya: Why is it that Torchfire Mountain is the only place we can destroy the Fangblades?

Kai: 'Cause the Fangblades are made from the original teeth of the Devourer. They're so strong they can only break down in extraordinary heat.

Jay: Uh, could someone pass the salt? (The Destiny's Bounty tilts, sliding the salt shaker towards him.) Hey, thanks. (Cole comes in, green from air sickness.)

Cole: (Groggily) Please. No one talk about food. How much longer until we get there?

Jay: Not long. Hey, Cole, you're looking a little green over there. How'd you like a mucus salt sandwich? (Cole goes outside to vomit. Jay laughs.) Speaking of green, who would've guessed little Lloyd Garmadon turned out to be the Green Ninja?

Nya: I know. He was such a brat at first. It's hard to believe he's gonna become the greatest ninja that ever lived.

Kai: (Clears his throat) Where is that little runt?

Nya: Probably somewhere on the Bounty. 

Kai: But it's raining outside?

Nya: So? 

Kai: So he's probably "in" the Bounty.

Nya: How do you know? He could be "on" the Bounty.

Jay: (Looks in between them) Uh, are you sure you guys are ok? You're arguing on, like, everything since the Fire Temple.

(Kai and Nya look at each other and Nya gets up from her seat)

Nya: (Glares) I'm going to check on Elenora. (She leaves)

Kai: (Groans)

Jay: What did ya do, Kai?

Kai: Why are you asking me? Go ask, Nya.

Jay: No way. Does Elenora have something to do with this?

Kai: No! (Jay looks at him surprised) Ok, fine. Maybe...

Jay: I knew it! What happened?

Kai: I possibly, maybe, kinda, sorta- Uh, wait nevermind. 

Jay: But-

Kai: Oh, is that Cole? I better go and check on him. 

(Kai runs away while Jay sits there)

Jay: Hmmm, I've gotta find a way to figure out what's going on. (Thinks for a moment) Ooh, I know! Zane can scan him and make him spill the beans! Or I could ask Elenora to put a truth spell on Kai. Eh, anything works! (He runs away to find Zane)

(Meanwhile, Elenora is in her room at her desk with her bracelet in her hand and a tool.)

Elenora: Something must work. (She keeps working until Nya walks in and she puts her stuff away.) Yes, Nya?

Nya: (Walks to Elenora) I felt bad that I couldn't fix your glasses. So, I got you this.

(Elenora stands up and looks at Nya's hands which hold eye contacts.)