Chapter 18 ~ Double Trouble

(At Dareth's Dojo, the Ninja are training Lloyd who is trying to light a light bulb with his Lightning. He grunts as Jay passes him.)

Jay: Focus, Lloyd. Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up, harness it.

Lloyd: I understand. I am in control. (He grunts.)

Jay: Come on, Lloyd. You can do it. 

Kai: (Whispers) You think he's going to do it?

Elenora: (Shakes her head)

Lloyd: (Breaks the bulb) Aah! Stupid light bulb! 

Kai: (Looks at Elenora) How did you-

Lloyd: You're putting too much pressure on me! Let me have one more try.

Kai: (Looks back at Lloyd) Uh, sorry, Lloyd. That was the last light bulb.

Cole: (Hands him a broom) Clean up. We'll continue training tomorrow.

(Lloyd uses the broom to punch a punching bag.)

Jay: (Sighs) What am I doing wrong, Sensei Wu? I can't seem to teach him to control his power.

(Lloyd's broom hits him on the head.)

Lloyd: You dare to defy the Green Ninja!?

Wu: Patience, Jay. Sometimes, the greatest opponent we face is ourselves, and that's especially true of Lloyd. Remember where he came from. He's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light.

Elenora: Start cleaning Lloyd. We're not training right now.

Lloyd: Uh-huh. (He head butts into the punching bag) Augh! 

(Elenora shakes her head in dismay. Twyla and the Falcon are seen flying outside the window.)

Cole: (See's the birds) Hey, Twyla and the Falcon are back. 

Zane: (Opens the window and the birds fly in) Have you found anything my Falcon friend?

(To what the other Ninja see, Elenora and Zane are having a conversation with their companions. With the birds making bird sounds while Elenora and Zane talk back in English. A very one-sided conversation.)

Jay: (Whispers) Uh, does anyone know what the birds are saying?

Kai: No clue.

Cole: (Whispers) It's probably a robot thing. And, uh, Magic thing?

Kai: The owl's magic?

Cole: Twyla. And...I guess? Maybe? I don't know.

Elenora: (Twyla stands on her shoulder) They haven't found anything on Lord Garmadon's whereabouts.

Zane: (Sighs) Yes. It seems so.

(Cole, Kai, and Jay look at each other and shrug in confusion. Nya enters the room, wearing her sequined dress.)

Nya: Hey, guys.

Ninja: Hey, Nya!

Nya: Hey, Jay. Uh, wanna come by the Autobody Shoplater?

Jay: Uh, the autobody shop?

Nya: Yeah. I got a part-time job. Though I could fix up the Ultra Sonic Raider in my off time. Maybe if you come over, I can show you what I've been working on.