Chapter 61 ~ On a Wish and a Prayer

(To continue from the last Chapter, the remainder of the Team enters Cliff Gordon's estate with Jay in front walking in nervously while the others look at the place in awe.)

Jay: Ahem. Uh, welcome to my humble abode, heh.

Cole: Whoa... (He looks around.) How did you-

Lloyd: Awesome...

Nya: (Bites her lip.) Yeah, it is.

Morro: (Not fazed.) It's a house. 

Elenora: A big one, that's the keyword.

Fritz Donnegan Animatronic: Fear isn't a word where I come from.

Lloyd: (Smiles.) Cool. 

Elenora: (Clears her throat, gathering everyone's attention.) Jay, how did you come across this place again?

Jay: I...saved up! (He sees Elenora's stare and quickly looks away, waving his hands.) Y-Yeah, t-that's it, heh. I, uh, saved up every little bit and now ta-da, here's my secret hideout! (He sees the ghosts looking at him weirdly and turns his attention to Lloyd and Nya.) Uh, of course, it can be our secret hideout! Like the Samurai X Cave! Just...in the City? 

Fritz Donnegan animatronic: Fear isn't a word where I come from! 

Lloyd: (Touches the animatronic.) You must've saved up a lot.

Cole: (Leaning on the robot glancing at Jay suspiciously.) Yeah, where is your collection of Starfarer merchandise you bought for Lloyd but kept for yourself instead? (Lloyd laughs.) 

Jay: (Waves his hand and scoffs weakly.) Pfft, Cole, I'm not that invested in the fandom, hehehe- (Sees Cole's raised eyebrow while Lloyd looks at him confused.) Okay! So maybe I still have a few of the comics and DVDs back at my junkyard but that's besides the point! 

(Elenora, Zane, Nya, and Morro look at Jay, Cole glances around one more time "not buying it," while Lloyd covers a laugh.) 

Elenora: Back on topic. First, we lost Wu, then Misako and now Kai. 

Lloyd: Yeah, and I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to see a pattern.

Zane: Whenever one of us finds ourselves alone, we disappear.

Nya: Then we stick together from here on out. We need to take a look at that latern. Jay hit the lights.

Morro: "Hit?" 

Elenora & Cole: It's an expression. (They glance at each other while Morro looks between the two.) 

Jay: Lights. Lights. (He starts roaming around.) Where would they be? Uh...

Lloyd: (Watches Jay trip over the carpet.) Uh, Jay didn't you get the blueprints when you bought this- 

Jay: Ah, found them! (He looks at the others.) Ha-ah. Sorry, big house, they didn't give me any blueprints. (He presses the wrong buttons and the "Weekend Whip" starts blasting while the others cover their ears.) Oops!

Elenora: Jay!

Jay: Sorry! Uh... (He smacks some more buttons and manages to close the windows.) Haha! Uh, totally knew that, heh. 

(Cole continues to look at Jay while he stands there nervously. Elenora, Lloyd, Zane, and Nya set up the lantern on the table and the map is shown to them.)