Chapter 39 ~ Versus

(In what seems like a hazy reality, Zane is seen walking. But falls into a cave, where he whimpers out of fear at a sound.)

P.I.X.A.L.: (Her voice is heard from afar.) Zane? Are you still there

(Zane looks to see where the voice is coming from but sees only his Falcon.) 

Zane: Who...are you?

P.IX.A.L.: If you can hear me, wake up. You need to wake up.

(The cave spins and the Falcon gets in Zane's face as Pixal's voice is heard. Zane wakes up, and finds himself chained to a wall revealing it was just a dream.)

Zane: (Gasps.) It was only a dream. 

P.I.X.A.L.: (The beside cell's window glows from the room.) It's amazing you dream. I've always wondered what it's like. You've always been special.

Zane: (Looks around.) Where am I? Who are you?

P.I.X.A.L.: I'm P.I.X.A.L., a friend. And you're in danger and have to get out of here. Your memory drive is out of sorts and your Elemental Power-

Zane: Elemental Power?

P.I.X.A.L.: You're a Nindroid, Zane, a Ninja. And your friends are here to save you. But they can't do it all. You have to remember who you are.

Zane: Friends?

P.I.X.A.L.: Remember, Zane. You saved your friends and then rebuilt yourself. There are things about you that you don't understand. (Zane looks at his himself.) That you have yet to discover. But if we're ever going to get out of here, you have to remember.

Zane: (His head looks at the other cell's window.) P.I.X.A.L.....We are compatible?

P.I.X.A.L.: (She pauses.) ...Yes, Zane. Yes, we are.

(Zane smiles as he looks at his chained arms thinking. Meanwhile, at the Samurai X Cave, Nya is seen rebuilding the Destiny's Bounty as Wu is seen standing beside her.)

Nya: (Screwing something.) Sure, Jay's cute and funny, and I'm always laughing around him, but everything's about him, and he never takes me seriously. More light, please.

Wu: (He wakes up and turns the flashlight on.) Right. He never takes you seriously.

Nya: Then there's Cole. He's handsome, and I suppose I connect with him on a deeper level, but everything's so serious with him. (Twists something else.) I mean, if Elenora was here we would have talked about it more, but she's made it clear she didn't want to be a part of any of this. If she did, she probably would have told me Jay was the one, Cole's like Elenora's twin, they're both so serious it's hard to connect with them easily, you know what I mean? (Puts her hand out.) Socket wrench.

Wu: (He hands her a tool.) Young emotions are...complicated.

Nya: (She looks at the tool.) Sensei, these are needle-nose pliers. I asked for a socket wrench. (She gets up.)  And could you at least try to impart some wisdom?

Wu: No way. I'm not sticking my finger into that beehive. (He sees Misako walking up.) Misako, any word?

Misako: Nothing. (She puts the letters on the table.) It's been days and still no word from Garmadon or the Ninja. I'm worried.

Wu: As am I. It's time we broaden our search.

Nya: (She walks to the computers and presses a buttn.) Well, then it's a good thing I made a mobile base in case the Destiny's Bounty was ever out of commission. (A vehicle appears from beneath as it rises from a platform.)  I call it the D.B. Express! Uh, not married to the name.