Chapter 58 ~ Public Enemy Number One

(Our Chapter opens up at night, where, on the streets, silhouettes pass one by one going in different directions. We zoom in on the T.V. where a broadcast of the Commissioner is being played while being asked questions from reporters.)

Commissioner: Any questions?

Fred Finely: Yes, a couple. (He walks up and shoves his mic into the Commissioner's face.) How is the police going to go about finding Ninjago's most wanted criminals? Afterall, how do you find a Ninja?

Commissioner: The Ninja are still at large and public enemy number one.

Fred Finely: Uh-huh, quite, so did fame turn them? 

Commissioner: (He clears his throat.) We've taken their ship as well as secured their known hideouts. They will be caught and pay for their crime spree. I bet my reelection on it. 

Fred Finely: Interesting. Well, can you tell us what's being done to find them?

Commissioner: No-No more questions.

Fred Finely: But- 

Commissioner: That is all. 

(The Commissioner quickly goes inside the police station and shuts the doors, keeping the other reporters out. He looks up to see Ronin sitting there reading a newspaper.) 

Ronin: Looks like you don't have an eye for this sort of work. You're never gonna catch them, Commish. If you wanna catch a Ninja, you have to know a Ninja.

Commissioner: Ronin, you're no better than the crooks you catch. (Sighs and looks towards the glass door at the reporters.) I'll find them. I've already got that bookworm, Misako, in custody.

Ronin: (Looks up.) But what about the Sensei?

Commissioner: Wu? Oh, he was last seen entering the Library of Domu, but no one saw him come out- Oh, why am I telling you all this? (He turns away.) Why are you even here, Ronin?

Ronin: (Smirks.) Just a proposal. 

Commissioner: (He grumbles, shaking his head.) Those- Those Ninja. They get all that power then use it to do what? Rob the only place that loved them. Spoiled brats! (He pushes down Ronin's newspaper.) So, uh, you sure you can bring them to justice?

Ronin: Heh, with a bow on. All I need in return is a clean slate, so I can pile all that fresh money you're gonna give me onto it.

Commissioner: Catch all six of them, Mr. Ronin, you can have anything you want.

Ronin: There's two more. I take it you don't check the news that much, huh? 

Commissioner: (Takes his hat off.) They just keep increasing in numbers...

Ronin: Well, there's eight of them now. And the new ones will probably be the toughest ones to catch. 

(Before the Commissioner can say anything, the reporters barge in and surround him with microphones shouting. Meanwhile, Tommy, and Simon are seen in an interrogation room while Misako is sitting annoyed when the lamplight is turned on in her face.)

Simon: Just come clean, tell us where they are.

Tommy: (Hits the table.) We know you're protecting them. Especially the Green one, spill it!

Misako: Like I said, it wasn't them. They were framed. You should be searching for the real culprits instead of looking for the Ninja.

Tommy: Right. That's what my mother would say too. Maybe we should give her some time to sweat it out. Come on, Simon.