Chapter 29 ~ The Surge

(Our Season Starts with a screen playing the Ultimate Battle showing on an old film reel.)

Kai: The Ultimate Battle. 

Elenora: The battle that ended all battles. 

Kai: It feels like ages ago. After the Golden Ninja defeated the Overlord, much of Ninjago City was left in ruin.

Elenora: Because of this, it was a time to reflect on our past, and build for our future. 

(A photo of the Team and their allies is shown in the Ninjago City paper. Reconstruction of the city is now underway.)

Cyrus: Great work, people. Together, we can do it. Transportation group, align with engineering.

Kai: Ninjago City soon became New Ninjago City. And it became the center of great technological advancements. But without an enemy to fight, the age of the Ninja came to an end. 

(The screen switches to a bathroom where Jay is seen holding a camera in a mirror reflection while Kai is heard scatting. Kai is taking a shower and notices Jay.) 

Past Kai: (On the screen.) Hey! How about a little privacy, you—

(The screen stops; Kai is shown to be in a classroom wearing a suit and operating a film projector. Elenora is sitting on a chair in front of a desk, straightening her glasses.)

Elenora: (Notices the screen.) Kai, the recording- 

Kai: Whoa! This isn't supposed to be in here. Lights please! 

(Students begin giggling as he can't turn off the projector.)

Kai: I said lights!

Elenora: This would have not happened if you had used the actual projecter.

Kai: Uh-huh, cool. Now can you turn on the-

Elenora: Lights.

(Elenora switches the lights. The projector's feed is thrown out of the machine.)

Kai: Ugh! Seriously? (Turns to the class.) Okay, who put this in here? 

Gene: (Raises up his hand.) It was Mr. Jay.

Brad: Yeah, we didn't do anything!

 Kai: (Facepalms. Mumbles) I'm going to finish that blue boy, first Nya now this. (Goes to the door.) Be right back Elenora.

Elenora: (Picks up a book.) And where are you going?

Kai: To teach the engineering teacher a lesson. (Walks away.)  

(The students continue to laugh at what transpired, Elenora shakes her head while Nya walks in.) 

Nya: Kai I need- (She glances at the classroom.) Jay played another prank, didn't he?

Elenora: Yes. 

Nya: I guess I'll go find them before Kai gets in another one of his fits. 

Brad: Hi Ms. Nya!

(Nya groans while she leaves before Elenora gets ready to continue the lesson.)

Elenora: Now that you have learned- 

Cole: (Cole walks in.) I've got it from here Elenora. (Clears his throat.) Okay, kids. So today, you're all in detention. (Crosses his arms in front of the class.) An owl told me that you helped Mr. Jay with his little project-