Chapter 20 ~ Child's Play

(The Chapter begins in Jamanakai Village, where some kids are playing soccer.)

Kid: Come on. You're in. Ha, you can't catch me. (He ends up piled on by two kids.)

Other Kid: Oh. Here I go. (Kicks ball over the other kids)

Another Kid: Whoa.

To Many Kid: Oh, yeah. Good one.

(As the Destiny's Bounty, repainted to its original state, flies by. On deck, Lloyd looks at the kids below and sighs.)

Kai: Lloyd? Lloyd? Hello? 

Elenora: Lloyd, concentrate. (Lloyd just looks at her.) Don't look at me like that. (Lloyd shrugs) And don't shrug at me like that either. (Crosses her arms)

Kai: (Lloyd looks at him. He shrugs.) Do what she says.

Zane: Now that the Bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively. But you'll have to focus. One more time.

Lloyd: Oh, but we've been training all day.

Cole: It's all to get you ready to face your father. 

Elenora: Correct. Now, into position.

(Lloyd sighs as he comes up to the middle of the deck as the Ninja put their hoods on and yawns before posing as they did so as well.)

Lloyd: (Sighs) Whatever.

(Kai charges at Lloyd first, but he punches him, knocking him back and yawns again. Zane and Jay soon come at him from the air.)

Lloyd: Ninja, go! (He does Spinjitzu, knocking them both down.)

(As Lloyd lands, Cole comes up him from behind and slide kicks him, knocking him into the air. Lloyd lands on his legs but Elenora hits him with her staff lightly causing him to fall face-flat. As the others take off their hoods, in concern.)

Lloyd: (Looks up) Phew, that was fun. Are we done?

Elenora: What do you think?

Lloyd: Uh...yes?

Elenora: (Shakes her head) Not even close.

Jay: Oh, come on. You're better than this. What's on your mind?

Lloyd: (Gets up) Well...The latest issue of Starfarer just came in at Doomsday Comix and it's a limited run, so if I don't go out and get it, it's going to sell out. Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donnegan was surrounded by the imperial Sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out alright, I think I might have my own doomsday.

Elenora: Are you telling me that the reason you can not train for the awaiting Ultimate battle is because of a comic's supposed ending?

Lloyd: Not just any comic! It's-

Elenora: A comic. With no significance to your future whatsoever. (Lloyd looks down)

Lloyd: But-

Kai: The fate of Ninjago rests on your shoulders. Elenora is right, as the Green Ninja, you have a giant responsibility to hold. I'm sorry, but you don't have time for such childish things.

Lloyd: Other kids get to play and have fun. All I ever do is train.

(Lloyd goes to the railing and sees the Bounty is almost out of Jamanakai Village, where he hears the children playing in the distance.)