Chapter 53 ~ The Crooked Path

(At Steep Wisdom, the Ninja are seen creating a defence system against the Ghosts.)

Zane: (Putting up a sign.) There. That should keep customers away. "Closed for renovations."

Kai: (Setting up a bucket of water on top of the door.) More like fortifications. (He grunts before jumping back down.) If Morro and his ghouls show up here looking to steal the Sword of Sanctuary, they won't know what hit them. 

Cole: (He exits the shop and the bucket of water almost lands on him.) Aah! (He jumps out of the way just in time at Kai's feet.) Ugh, careful. you know not all of us are immune to water. And I for one would like to stick around long enough for Misako and Sensei to figure out the last clue.

Kai: (He helps Cole up.) Sorry, you okay?

Cole: (He shrugs.) I've been better. 

Jay: (He looks around before sighing in content.) We got Cyclon-Do, we got the Sword, now they just have to figure out where the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master is. I'd say we're making great progress, and we're ahead of Morro on all this.

Kai: Ugh, let's just hope Wu and Misako figure it out soon. I don't know how long we'll be able to hold out and stay ahead of Morro and his ghosts.

(Meanwhile, Nya and Elenora are in Steep Wisdom looking for a place to hide the Sword of Sanctuary.) 

Nya: Under a floorboard? 

Elenora: (Holding the sword, she shakes her head.) Too obvious.

Nya: Okay, how about... (She looks up and points.) The roof?

Elenora: (She looks at Nya.) The roof?

Nya: Yeah, you're right...how about in that box? (She points at a closed box.) You know, from when we were moving everything into this place. Before all of this started. 

Elenora: (She sighs noticing Nya's behaviour.) What is it, Nya?

Nya: What's what? (She smiles putting her hands up.) I wasn't going to ask anything. Nothing at all... (Elenora raises an eyebrow as she covers her face.) Okay, you got me, something's just been on my mind. 

Elenora: Becoming the Water Ninja?

Nya: No. I mean, that. But mainly... (She walks up to Elenora.) I know about the picture?

Elenora: ...What picture?

Nya: Oh, don't give me that! (She puts her hands on Elenora's shoulders, taking her by suprise.) I know about your secret brother, how Chen was the one who took the photo, all of it. I was there when you confronted him back at the island.

Elenora: (She looks at Nya for some time before taking out the photo.) It was only a matter of time before you were to find out. (She hands the picture to Nya who looks at is closely.) I've come to a guess that the male is-

Nya: (She widens her eyes.) Lloyd? 

Elenora: Yes. (She bites her lip.) But there are many other possibilities and-

Nya: You being Garmadon's daughter would make sense, and the timeline adds up. Sure your hair doesn't exactly fit into the equation, but then again, Lloyd's got blonde hair and Misako and Garmadon both were brunettes. So anything is possible. (She looks up at Elenora.) And...how are you holding up?