Chapter 37 ~ The Invitation

(We start our Season here In a jungle. Nindroids are seen walking around with guns as we zoom into some yellow flowers. One blinks revealing Lloyd. A nindroid notices this as Lloyd attacks a few of them before entering a cave.)

Lloyd: Ninja, go!

(The Green Ninja uses Spinjitzu on the nindroids as a boulder rolls towards him. He runs before dropping down through a hole and trying to reach the armour. Before it disappears and Lloyd groans in defeat.)

Cyrus: You got closer than I thought you would. 

(The jungle is revealed to have been a training test so Lloyd walks off the pedestal.)

Cyrus: But then again, I didn't think you'd be quite so rough on my security droids. (He gestures to his nindroids that lay on the ground.)

Lloyd: Heh, I guess I got a bit carried away. (Pushes Borg's wheelchair as Wu walks behind him.) If I can't steal the Golden Armor, I'd be surprised if anyone else could. It's secure, but where is the real one?

Cyrus: Some secrets are best kept safe.

Wu: Lloyd, where are the other Ninja? I asked for all of you to take part in this test.

Lloyd: (Faces his Uncle.) Uh, they, uh, they really wanted to be here, but they, uh...all had other plans. (Turns back frowning.) 

Cyrus: I understand perfectly well. The loss of Zane has affected us all. I haven't even heard a word from my daughter P.I.X.A.L. since his memorial. It's...heartbreaking.

Wu: If we dwell too long on what's missing, we fail to see what can be gained. The absence of Zane will either tear you five apart or bring you closer together. The choice is yours.

Lloyd: (Sighs.) I'll do what I can, but it won't be easy.

Wu: The greatest lessons never are. 

(Music starts playing before Jay walks onto a stage of a game show.)

Crowd: Most Ultimate Extreme Ninja Challenge Ever!

Jay: (Spins around with a mic in his hand.) I'm Jay, Ninjago's most lovable Ninja-

Dan: Most lovable Ninja? I always thought that was Cole.

Kevin: Right?

Jay: (Clears his throat loudly as the two brothers pause.) Hehe, anyways, I am here today before the Gauntlet of Humility to see who will be Ninjago's next hero, and whose dreams will be gone, in a flash!

Brad: Wahoo! Yeah! Ninja Challenge! (Puts his hands up with a very familiar pencil in his hands) 

Sally: (Not amused as she looks at the scene.) Why am I here again?

Brad: Because Gene bailed on me for some lame invention, we don't go to school and he starts doing homework. I'm out. 

Sally: We're homeschooled. 

Brad: Same thing. 

(The crowd cheers as Jay throws his mic away as someone catches it. He uses his Lightning to reach a platform.) 

Jay: I'm here with Cathy, tireless mother of four, pillar of the PTA, and returning contestant. Tell me, Cathy, after being humbled by the Gauntlet the first time, what makes you think this'll be any different?