Chapter 38 ~ Only One Can Remain

(Sailing through the Endless Sea, Chen's ferry with the Elemental Masters on it, arrives at an island.)

Cole: (Looking at the turrets.) Look at that...

Kai: Awesom-

Karlof(He pushes Kai who almost falls.) Let me see. 

Kai: Ugh, do you mind? (He gets into his fighting stance as Karlof does the same.)  

Clouse(Kai glares at Karlof before being interrupted) Welcome to Chen's Island. The Tournament of Elements welcomes its brave fighters. 

Elenora: I wonder what this Chen has promised these fighters.

Garmadon: (Glances at Clouse.) Hmm, good question. 

Jay: (Gasps.) Maybe he kidnapped their friends too. 

Cole: (Rolls his eyes.) Sure, Jay. 

Clouse: (Stands in front of Garmadon.) Master Chen will be pleased you've returned, Sensei Garmadon.

Garmadon: The pleasure is all mine, Clouse.

Clouse: Hmm, I'm sure it is. (He walks off the boat.) 

Jay: (Walks behind Garmadon.) Definitely feeling some tension between you two.

Kai: Yeah, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map? 

Cole: (Appears in front of the group.) And care to explain how the face to Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?

Jay: Is that seriously what you care about? How about the fact that there's a dude here who could be Elenora's potential brother?! (Everyone looks at him.) 

Lloyd: He's too old, plus Elenora would have told us she had a long-lost brother.

Kai: Totally, just ask her yourself.

Elenora: (Walks up to the group.) Ask what?

Jay: Well, Lloyd here thinks Clouse is too old. (Elenora raises an eyebrow.) 

Lloyd: Jay's just asking if Clouse is one of your relatives.

Elenora: I know nothing of him. 

Cole: Told you.

Jay: Wha- You didn't tell me anything! 

Kai: Oh, brother. 

Elenora: (She looks at the Temple as Cole and Jay start arguing.) Who exactly is Chen?

Garmadon: Master Chen used to be a friend. Now he's a traitor. During the Serpentine Wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the treacherous snakes.

Lloyd: The battle you and Uncle Wu fought together in? He was an enemy?

Garmadon: He used deception to divide the Elemental Masters. We barely defeated the Serpentine, and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island. (Continues to walk as Cole and Jay start getting physical.) Little did we know, he'd begin to build his criminal empire from here.

Lloyd: (Follows his father.) He may have divided our ancestors, but he's not gonna divide us.

Kai: (He sees Skylor walking behind him.) Uh...ladies first. (He pushes his Team aside as Skylor smiles for a second before looking forward.)