Chapter 50 ~ The Temple on Haunted Hill

(At Steep Wisdom, Wu is training Nya to become the Water Ninja. Wu is seen sitting on a rock as Nya stand on another in front of a fountain dripping water.)

Wu: Concentrate. Focus on reversing the flow. Become the water, Nya. Embrace it. You can control it. Become the Water Ninja. (He gasps when he thinks Nya controlled the water, but sighs when he sees that she just blocked the water with her hand.) Nya...

Nya: I'm not the Water Ninja. I'm a Samurai! (She sits down on a rock.) 

Wu: Yes, a good Samurai. But good things must come to an end-

Nya: But why?! (She puts her hands up.) Why does me being a Samurai have to end just because I have to be the Water Ninja?!

Wu: For the good of-

Nya: Ninjago, yeah, but I will be for the good of Ninjago if I'm a Samurai! I'm afraid my friends are in trouble, and I won't be there to help. 

Wu: The Ninja are quite capabl-

Nya: We don't even know that! Ever since they lost Lloyd I don't think they've been acting like a Team, not to mention they haven't called in days. (She swings her legs annoyed.) We don't even know for sure if I have the power, so if everyone is waiting for me to discover I'm some sort of Water Ninja... (Wu notices a lily pad in the pond move backwards in sync with Nya's gestures) ...maybe we've got a problem.

Misako: (She walks into the garden.) And maybe we have an even bigger one. (She leads them inside the tea shop and Nya and Wu see Ronin standing at the counter.)

Ronin: Your first problem is the opening of a tea shop in the middle of a dry season. Water's at a premium. Then there's the name. Steep Wisdom? Ugh. More like Steep Debt. (He looks around and gestures to the shop.) I mean, heh, where are the customers?

Nya: (To Misako.) Uh, who is this guy?

Wu: (Nodding.) Who is this strange fellow? (Misako shakes her head confused.) 

Ronin: You need to have a name with pizzazz, like Curiosi-tea! Or Shake Your Boo-Tea! Heh! These are just off the top of my head. (He flips a book.) This place is a cluttered mess.

Misako: (She closes the book.) Excuse me, but if you're not a customer, what are you doing in our shop?

Ronin: You mean my shop.

Wu: Huh?

Nya: Uh, your shop?

Ronin: What, they never told you? 

Nya: They?

Ronin: Well, I'm now effectually the majority shareholder, so in conclusion, I'm your new business partner. 

Nya: (Wu gasps.) What? What do you mean new business partner? We don't even know you!

Ronin: Oh, right. Name's Ronin. 

Nya: Ronin? (She puts her hand up.) Wait...as in the guy-

Ronin: Yeah, the thief. (He chuckles.) Well after the Ninja lost the Scroll of Who-whatzu to that Morro dude, I bailed them out in exchange for their shares in the tea shop. Since they destroyed my pawn shop, I thought it was a fair trade until I saw this sorry place.

Nya: What? They didn't get the Scroll of Airjitzu? 

Ronin: Sheesh, do you not call your Ninja friends whenever they go out on their missions?