Chapter 26 ~ The Last Hope

(On the Dark Island, Garmadon and the Overlord are watching the Celestial Clock counting down.)

Overlord: The clock is only hours away from finishing its countdown to the Final Battle between good and evil, Garmadon. Why so sad?

Garmadon: Me? Sad? Ha! Nonsense. I couldn't be happier. It's just...

Overlord: Lloyd?

Garmadon: I still have to battle my son in order to transform Ninjago into my image.

Overlord: Battle and defeat, if evil is to prevail.

(Garmadon sadly leaves. Meanwhile, the Ninja are "practicing" their new powers on the shore of the Island.)

Kai: Order up. Coconut cream pie. Served well done! (He uses his Fire on a coconut projectile. Everyone laughs.)

Zane: It is good to have our powers back. 

Jay: Yup, you're right. And since we've all been working on our witty quips to follow every cool thing we do, I'd say we got this final battle in the bag. Or should I say...(He signals Cole to launch another coconut.)...I'd be shocked if we lose! 

(Jay uses his Lightning on the coconut. He laughs as it explodes, only for the contents to land on Elenora.)

Elenora: Jay...

Kai: Oh, now you've gone and done it.

Jay: Oops. (Elenora walks up to him.) Ah, I'm sorry, Elenora! Please don't hurt me. (Hides behind Cole while Elenora walks past them.)

Cole: You want me to get you a towel?

Elenora: I'll manage. 

Jay: (Watches Elenora walk away.) Phew, I thought she was going to pummel me. 

Kai: Even if she did, you'd still deserve it.

Jay: (Gasps) She could have levitated the coconut before it hit her! It's not my fault she knows how to shrink and make swords-

Kai: Uh, Jay-

Jay: -but can't make things float-

Zane: Jay...

Jay: I mean, how hard is it to make things float?! 

Cole: Jay!

Jay: Huh? (He turns around and a sword flies by his face, almost hitting him.) Ehehe, she heard me, didn't she?

Zane: It appears so.

Jay: (Running away from the swords that continue to be thrown at him) Ahhhhhh!

Wu: Enough! 

Jay: But- (The swords have stopped being thrown) Huh?

Wu: Are you trying to reveal our hidden location? 

Kai: Uh, sorry, Sensei. We were just practicing our cool new Elemental Blades.

Jay: (Walks up) Uh, and our witty quips.

Wu: Be wary of overconfidence, Ninja. While it is true your powers can defeat the Stone Army, only Lloyd alone has the power to defeat Garmadon. When it is all over, then we will see who laughs last.

Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane: Yes, Sensei.

(Wu walks away, while the Ninja continues to "practice" quietly. In the distance, Dr. Julien is repairing the Falcon while Lloyd watches.)