Chapter 49 ~ Stiix and Stones

(Looking for Ronin for the Scroll of Airjitzu, the Ninja come off the train and arrive on the docks of Stiix.)

Fisherman: (Sitting on the wall.) Welcome to Stiix. Watch your step. (Jay almost stumbles but Cole grabs his shoulder before he can fall.) Oh, I caught one. It's a big fella. (He tugs on his fishing rod.) Ugh, whoa. Whoa! (He's pulled into the Endless Sea.) Ugh. Dagnabbit.

Cole: Maybe we should have captured the fish terrorizing the citizens here too. (He looks back and taps Elenora on the shoulder.) 

Elenora: (She, Jay, and Zane watch the man in the water before they all look back to see Kai sitting down nervously.) What's wrong?

Cole: You okay Kai?

Kai: (He covers his eyes.) Uh, not really.

Jay: Huh, I didn't know you were afraid of heights.

Kai: I'm fine with heights. It's water I hate.

Zane: (Walks off with Jay and Elenora.) Didn't seem to have a problem before.

Kai: Before I could make a Fire Dragon at will. (Cole helps him up.) Since Morro's taken over Lloyd and our powers gone, I haven't felt— Aagh! (Everyone looks back to see a plank break under him but Cole pulls him up.) Phew, thanks. I can't swim.

Cole: No sweat, but on the bright side now that we know ghosts don't like water either, at least we should feel safe surrounded by it. (He gestures to the entire city that's elevated above water.)

Elenora: Until the wooden platforms underneath crack and the entire city succumbs to the Eastern part of the Endless Sea.

(Elenora and Zane walk into the city as Jay looks underneath in a moment of hesitation before running after them. Kai shuffles behind the three as Cole is helping him through the front doors.)

Jay: (He fans himself.) Ugh, what a dump. (He covers his nose.) It stinks here. 

Kai: (He takes a whiff before groaning.) Ugh, that's an understatement. 

Jay: You'd think the thief who stole the Scroll of Airjitzu would have better taste then this.

Zane: Stiix's reputation has been displayed as a haven to Ninjago's low-life such as criminals and thieves for around two-hundred years. This area, in fact, has the best taste for a thief who stole the Scroll of Airjitzu.

Elenora: Fitting Ronin's profile perfectly. (She notices some people staring at them.) And making us seem even more out of place here.

Cole: Exactly, this is Ronin we're talking about. He'd steal the sea if it were worth anything. We just have to figure out which rock he's under and get to the Scroll before Morro does.

Zane: Let's split up and start looking.

Jay: Aye-aye, captain. (Everyone looks at him.) What? He's the leader. And don't you guys get that pirate vibe when you're here? (Falcon caws.) See? Zane's Falcon agrees with me. 

Zane: Actually Stiix is also known for it's holiday that's hosted by pirates every ye-

Cole: History lesson later Zane, first  we have to find Ronin.

Jay: (He looks back and sees someone running away with a wallet in hand.) Why is he running? (Realizes.) Hey...that's my wallet! Not cool dude!