Chapter 28 ~ Rise of the Spinjitzu Master

(In Ninjago City, Dareth kicks Kozu out of his dojo. Other citizens look out at the grayed-out sky while Kozu laughs as a bright light shone in the sky.)

Dareth: What the...(The Garmatron appears from the beam of light.) What is that? 

(Everyone runs away but Dareth stands in front of its cannons.) 

Dareth: Oh. All right. You will have until the count of three to leave here before I unleash the power of one, hee-yah! The dragon. Two, penguin. (The Overlord points his cannons at Dareth.) Two and a half...

Overlord: Three. (He fires at Dareth.)

Dareth: Haha. You missed. (He points another blaster at him.) Oh, no. (He screams and takes cover behind a building.) We shall meet again. This I swear! (To himself) Where are those Ninja?

(The Overlord laughs as he infects more of Ninjago City with Dark Matter. The Ninja are still stuck on the Dark Island as Dr. Julien finishes bandaging Lloyd's leg.)

Lloyd: Can I still fight?

Julien: Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal.

Lloyd: We don't have weeks. (Grunts)

Wu: The battle between good and evil will be decided today.

Kai: And we can't even get to the fight, much less get off this island. (Throws a stone into the ocean.) 

Jay: Maybe someone will come and...get us?

Elenora: I assume everyone in Ninjago has been affected by the Dark Matter. No one is coming for us. 

Jay: Humph. (Crosses his arms) I knew that, it just sounds different when someone says it.

Zane: (Puts his hand on Jay's shoulder.) Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now.

Lloyd: (Walks up.) But I don't remember my father any other way.

Misako: Your father loved you. It was the evil of the Great Devourer that corrupted him. 

Kai: Sensei, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. (Throws another stone.) Why didn't we win?

Elenora: Multiple reasons. Would you perfer the main one?

Kai: Uh, I would "prefer" Master Wu's answer. Because, you know, he sugar coats things. 

Elenora: You should know that "sugar coating" is just telling half the truth.

Kai: Yeah, but-

Cole: Woah, woah, guys. There's still a war waging in Ninjago City. Couldn't we all just stay relaxed?

Kai: We are relaxed. (Crosses his arms.) Right Elenora?

Elenora: (Crosses her arms.) Right.

Cole: (Looks in between them and facepalms.) 

Nya: (Giggles.) You'll get used to it. 

Cole: It's better than them fighting, I guess.

Wu: Regretfully, I...don't know.

Jay: Don't know? You're Sensei! You always know! You have a long white beard!