Chapter 16 ~ Darkness Shall Rise

(The chapter begins in Ninjago City where the Ninja are rebuilding the town.)

Cole: Ugh, finally. All fixed up and Serpentine free.

Kai: (Tries to use his fire but fails) Aargh. Ugh, this is frustrating.

(The street sign tips over.)

Cole and Jay: Aah!

Kai: All our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but...(Grunts. He tries to use his Fire again, but the only flame coming out was from Zane's blowtorch.) I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep. And not to mention that the Falcon needs a repair and Twyla can't find Elenora.

Cole: Uh, I think the last two are just right now problems that are getting fixed while we speaking. 

Zane: (Closes the Falcon's panel) Done. My Falcon is repaired. Could you find Twyla and tell her to meet us back here my metallic friend? (The Falcon nods and flies away) 

Jay: (Re-positions the pole) Phew.

Zane: No one ever said being a hero is easy. Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways.

Kai: Yeah, well, I don't feel rich.

Jay: Ugh. I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Uh, speaking of which, where's Elenora anyways? 

Kai: She said something about meeting an old friend I think?

Cole: I didn't hear a friend when she said that. I think...mentor? I just thought she was getting Wu or Nya or...something.

Jay: I haven't seen Nya either. She said she was gonna help.

Nya: (Arriving on a motorbike) And I have. I may have found us a place to live.

Jay: Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?

Nya: I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift. (She hands him a pamphlet.)

Wu: (Looks around) Where is Elenora?

Cole: (Shrugs) Don't know.

Jay: She'll show up eventually, we've kinda figured out to just let her go and she'll be back in an hour or two.

Kai: Yeah, basically.

Wu: I see...Where could she be off too? Not looking for Garmadon herself. No, she could not. I hope...

Kai: And where are you both off to?

Wu: Oh, we have to find a couple of components to fix the ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Haha, punch it, Nya!

Nya: Ay ay, Sensei.

Wu: Yee-haw!

Elenora: (Walks up to them) What's occurred since I left?

Cole: Well, Wu and Nya left for a drive to get stuff and Nya gave us a pamphlet for a place to live.

Elenora: Which is?