Chapter 17 ~ Pirates vs Ninja

(The chapter starts as a flashback of Captain Soto and his crew try to find the Dark Island on the Endless Sea.)

Narrator: Two hundred years ago.

Soto: (Writing in his journal.) "We have spent months searching for this fabled Island of Darkness, but all my eyes have seen is ocean. I fear my crew has given up, but I hold out hope that it exists. -Captain Soto" (He then stores his journal in a hidden compartment.)

(In the present time, Lloyd is punching 'Kai's hands while the latter wears oven mitts.)

Kai: Good, keep it up.

Lloyd: Ha! Fists of fury! Unh! You can't even see 'em move, I'm so fast! Ha!

Kai: Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by your enemy.

Lloyd: Oh, please. I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me. (He kicks Kai until he is thrown backwards.)

Kai: Whoa, grasshopper. You're not even ready to face my pinky toe. (He wiggles his left foot to emphasize his point. To Elenora) Hehe, sounds like old times? 

Elenora: (Nods) Depends, who was the one who got flipped twice with that same phrase being said.

Kai: Uh.....

Jay: Hahaha! I wasn't even there the first time and she roasted you good anyways! (Keeps laughing)

(Behind Lloyd, Wu is observing the session.)

Wu: I see the student has become the teacher. 

Jay: (Snikkers) You can say that again. (Kai glares at him) What?

Wu: You will learn fast, Lloyd, with lessons from the five Ninja.

Cole: Great, now that lesson is over, how about some target practice...on Kai? (Kai gulps)

Wu: You'll each get your turn, but first, I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya.

Lloyd: Aww, but when will I learn Spinjitzu?

Wu: (Sighs) Patience. It will only be unlocked when the key is ready to be found.

(Lloyd groans and walks away to meet up with Nya.)

Cole: Ha, sounds familiar?

Kai: I wasn't that whiny. 

Zane: No, you were worse. (Jay and Cole laugh)

Kai: (Groans) 

Jay: Hey, Elenora. 

Elenora: Yes?

Jay: Where were you yesterday? Like when we were fixing the town up and when we all had those annoying jobs?

Kai: (Mumbles) More like torturing jobs.

Elenora: Meeting an old friend.

Wu: Hmm, what kind of friend?

Elenora: An old one. 

Wu: I wonder.....

Zane: (Looks in between Wu and Elenora and looks at Falcon who shrugs with its wings) Hmm, something is not right.

Jay: (To Cole) Told you it was a friend. Now, who's hearing needs to get checked?

Cole: Uh, still yours.