Chapter 51 ~ Peak-a-Boo

(On the Bounty flying in the air, the scene zooms to a flag waving as Kai grunts when he tries to use Airjitzu to reach the flag but fails and falls back down.)

Kai: Seriously! (He tries again, but misses.) Ugh, why is this so hard! (He jumps up again but misses once more before landing on his feet.) 

Ronin: (Lying down next to the flag above the Ninja.) Aww, just short. Like your temper, Kai.

Kai: (He puts his hands on his sides.) Yeah, yeah, just soak it up, Ronin. (He groans looking at Zane.) I don't suppose there's some equation out there to make me fly higher and finally touch that flag? (Zane shakes his head.) 

Jay: Let me try. I'm for sure better Airjitzuer than you, Kai.

Kai: (He turns to Jay.) Oh, yeah? And when did that happen?

Jay: RIght, now! (He misses the flag and screams as he falls face-flat.) Ow...

Kai: (Sarcastically) Oh, yeah. That was so much better than me. (He laughs.) 

Jay: It...it was. 

Ronin: That wasn't Airjitzu, that was Failitzu.

Jay: Well, at least I got higher. (He stands up wiping his gi.) And, anyways, Elenora touched the flag so it only makes sense that the first person who learned Spinjitzu touches it next! 

Kai: (Rolls his eyes.) Sure, Jay. Just keep telling yourself cause that logic makes sense. 

Ronin: Doesn't matter. (He takes a bite from his apple.) Rule is: You don't touch the flag, you fail. (Jay humphs.)  

Wu: (He walks up to the Ninja.) To master the powers of Airjitzu, we must uplift, not put each other down, Ronin. 

Ronin: (He munches while talking.) You close shop for a week, you gotta let me have some fun. Aren't Nindroids supposed to be precise? (Zane nods as Falcon caws agreeing with him.) Huh, what's wrong? Ghost get your tongue?

Jay: (Kai looks at him.) So my modifications are taking longer than expected to kick in. But it's going to work! This time Pixal was able to help after Nya added her to the Bounty's communication and she's a great coder.

Pixal: (In Zane's head. She smiles.) Your compliment is appreciated, Jay. If only he could hear me...

Jay: Just give him a few minutes! He'll be better than before in no time!

Kai: (Sighs.) These new suits are heavy. Why can't we just use our old ones?

Wu: These are embedded with Deepstone. They will protect you from being possessed.

Elenora: (She walks up, Twyla flying beside her.) Is the training not going well?

Kai: (He grumbles.) Not to mention it's Elenora's turn to be the leader. 

Elenora: And you have a problem with that? 

Kai: (He crosses his arms.) No, of course not, a deal's a deal. I guess. 

Wu: What do you mean by "turn to be leader?"

Jay: Well, since Lloyd's been possessed we've been trying to figure out who's better leader material. And all of us were bad at it and got karmad because of it. (Wu looks at him curiously.) Kai got us lost, Zane got damaged, I...didn't do anything because I'm the best.