Chapter 43 ~ The Forgotten Element

(Undergr- Or is it aboveground? Whatever, on the Island, the Anacondrai Cultists chant as the captive Elemental Masters are brought in chained together by vengestone.)

Clouse: Bring in the prisoners!

Griffin: So the Ninja were right. This was never about any of us winning the tournament. This was always about something sinister. (Jay starts humming.)

Shade: What gave that away? Was it his cult following, or the giant snakehead?

Kai: Well I guess you have no one to blame but yourself. It's too bad you didn't listen to us. 

Neuro: (Sighs.) He's right. We've been fighting each other for so long, it took us all losing to finally pull us together. Too bad it's too late.

Kai: (Turns to the Blue Ninja.) Why are you humming? You do know they're about to take our powers, right?

Jay: Since these cursed shackles have blocked our powers, I choose to use the power of positive thinking. Lloyd and Elenora will come save us. You just wait.

Kai: I'm glad you're so sure. (Skylor turns her head away from him.) Go ahead and look away, but you know as well as I do that after your father takes our powers, he's still gonna need yours.

Skylor: You don't understand. My father gets everything he wants. I had no choice.

Kai: Just tell me one thing. Was it his idea to make me fall for you, or yours? Because it worked. (Skylor gasps and then smiles while turning away.)

Zugu: Lock 'em down. (The cultists make the Elemental Masters kneel.) All rise for Master Chen!

Chen: (He uses Gravity to levitate his throne.) Look at me! I'm floating! (He almost falls, making the Cultists gasp.) I got it, I got it. I just got distracted by how awesome this place looks! (He places the throne down.) Well done, Clouse. You've really set the mood. And look at this. Soon, I'll have more power. (Sighs happily.) It's good to be me.

Jay: (Laughs.) You may have us, but you still don't have the Energy and Magic Ninja.

Chen: Ah, yes. I bet right now they'll both swoop down to save you in the very last moment and teach me a valuable lesson. (He sits down on his throne.) Well, I'll wait. I love lessons!

Jay: (Looks around not seeing anything.) Any minute now...

Kai: Come on, guys... (He looks at the open gap where the sunlight is coming from.) Where are they- 

Chen: That's enough. I'm bored. (He stands up.) But here's a lesson: don't be a sore loser. Only one can remain! (He uses the staff as the crystal steals everyone's powers causing everyone to yell.) The power is mine. All mine!

Jay: (He looks at the ground saddened.) They never came.

Chen: Take them to the factory!

Skylor: (She watches Kai being taken.) Father, please, spare Kai. I've seen inside his head. He's different. He can help you.

Chen: You like the boy, don't you? If it will make you happy. Leave the red one.

(A cultist uncuffs Kai as he rubs his wrists while Jay looks back confused. Meanwhile, Lloyd, Elenora, Nya, and Garmadon watch the palace at a distance in the daylight.)