Chapter 66 ~ The Way Back

(Continuing onto our last chapter, the two teams are talking to each other in the ruins of the shed.)

Kai: Thanks, everyone. I don't know how we'll ever be able to repay you. 

Skylor: (Laughs.) Let's just say you owe me one. 

Ronin: Or a few thousand, if we're talking denomination of currency! (Everyone looks at him.) What? No reward? (Elenora pinches her nose, Kai facepalms, and Morro shakes his head.) 

Dareth: Hey, you'd do the same for us. Only with less pizzazz. 

Jay: Ugh, I hate to break up the reunion, but may I remind you we have a wedding to stop? 

Morro: Jay's right. (He glances at his blade before looking up.) He has his last wish to take the Djinn down. 

Cole: But since we don't have the poison, it'll be up to us to slow him down. 

Elenora: Unless we have the teapot? (Morro shakes his head.) Then there's no time to waste.

Jay: (Nods.) Exactly, come on! 

(Everyone rushes off but Lloyd doesn't and Elenora looks back, stopping everyone else.)

Elenora: What's wrong?

Lloyd: I have just realized something, if we defeat Nadakhan, his power will diminish! 

Dareth: Uh, yeah, heh, isn't that kind of the point.

Kai: So what? We gotta hurry before that twisting-wishing being marries my little sister! 

Elenora: Wait, Lloyd's right. (She looks at the others and gestures around them.) If his power diminishes, Djinjago will fall. 

Cole: (Nods, understanding.) And Ninjago will be crushed.

Kai: Wait, so you're telling me even if we win, we lose?

Soto: Well, whatever you decide, I sure don't want an all-powerful Djinn calling the shots. You have to take him out if you have the chance.

Wu: Ninja, you go stop Nadakhan. The rest of us will return back to Ninjago to prepare for the worst. (Everyone nods.) 

Jay: Ninja, go! (He and the others run off.)

Ronin: (Stops Dareth from running after them.) Ah-ha, not you, Dareth.

Dareth: Find, the Brown Ninja will live to fight another day. 

Ronin: Right, this way. We'll take the jet down.

(Meanwhile, in the Airjitzu Temple decorated with wedding decorations, Nya walks down the aisle and meets Clancee and Nadakhan at the end.)

Nya: (Whispering to herself) Come on, Jay. Where are you? (She looks up.) And the others?

Clancee: Do you, Nadakhan, son of the King Khanjikhan, take this girl as your wife?

Nadakhan: Aye!

Clancee: And do you, Nya, D-D-Delara, t-t-take him as your husband? To make him all-powerful, freed from the restrictions of love, harm, and added wishes, so sayeth Djinn law?

Nya: (She looks back for a second.) Uh, can you give me a minute to think about it?

Nadakhan: (He takes out his guns.) She meant to say "aye!" Now finish the ceremony to make it official. (Tells Dogshank and the others.) Barricade the doors. Let no one in. (To Clancee.) Continue.