ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠 :

Lilac wore her necklace that was given to her for Christmas. She was in her uniform for Slytherin, it was normal. She glanced towards Hermione then her brother. She noticed Professor Sprout, a shorter witch, tap her wand on a stack of pots. "Welcome to Greenhouse Three, Second Years. Today, we will be re-potting Mandrakes. Now, who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake?" She asked, Hermione raised her hand quickly. "Yes, Miss Granger." She continued on.

Lilac looked at Hermione, of course she knew the answer. "Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been transfigured to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." Hermione explained. Professor Sprout smiled and nodded. "Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor. As our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill yet. However, they will knock you out for several hours. That is why I have provided each of you with a pair of earmuffs. If you would then..." Sprout said before gesturing towards the earmuffs infront of all of them. Ron frowns as he had the bright pink pair. When the class had their earmuffs on, Professor Sprout grasped one of the tufty plant.

Harry gasped as he looked at the plant. Lilac looked at it, disgusted then looked at Harry. Neville's eyes rolled back before he fainted. Professor Sprout plunges the bawling creature into a pot, she removes her earmuffs. "Hm. Looks as though Mr. Longbottom neglected his muffs." Professor Sprout said. "No ma'am. He's just fainted." Seamus told her. "Very well. We'll just leave him then. Come now. Four to a tray, plenty of pots to go round..." Sprout said, gesturing to the pots in front of them.

It was finally lunch time, Lilac sat with Emersyn, Pansy, Theodore, Draco, and the two loyal henchmen. Lilac smiled at Emersyn, "This year is going to be good. I just hope." She said. Emersyn smiled and shook her head, "This is the year where we claim to be the best house... Because of course, we are." Emersyn told her as she lifted her head up. "Post is here!" Dean Thomas said towards everyone in the room. Emersyn and Lilac watched as everyone got a letter. "Heads up, everyone! Weasley's gotten himself a Howler." Seamus told everyone. Emersyn laughed along with the other Slytherins. Lilac rolled her eyes, "Of course, Ron got a Howler." She said softly. Ron looks pale as he took the damp red envelope from Errol's beak. He opens the Howler as his hands shake.

"Ronald Weasley!! How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted! Your father's now facing an inquiry at work and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line, we'll bring you straight home!" Mrs. Wealey's voice thundered. "Oh, and Ginny dear. Congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud." She continued but in such a softer tone. Emersyn smirked at Ron before turning towards Lilac. "Imagine getting a Howler. Such a shame." Emersyn said softly. Ginny, sitting a bit apart from the others, looks up shyly, then returns to a small black book she's scribbling in. Ron watches the envelope rip itself apart, then endures howls of laughter from the other House tables, mostly from Slytherin. Colin Creevey snaps a few photos. Harry looks sympathetically at Ron. "Look at it this way... How much worse can things get?" Harry asked. 'Oh, Harry. Don't say that, it can get so much worse.' Lilac said in his head.