ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟙

Harry, Ron, and Lilac, covered in muck and slime, stand in Dumbledore's office. Fawkes perches on a pedestal behind Dumbledore, who sits at his desk, examining the charred diary. He looked up, regarding the three of them gravely. "Ingenious. Simply... Ingenious. Of course, Tom Riddle was probably the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen. I taught him myself fifty years ago. After he left, I would occasionally hear stories of his activities... Dark rumors... but after awhile, even the rumors stopped. When he finally resurfaced as Lord Voldemort, most people had completely forgotten the clever Head boy he'd once been." Dumbledore stated. Lilac glanced at the two others in the room... Ginny and Emersyn.

"I didn't know whose diary it was, sir. I swear. I found it inside my cauldron... The day we all went to Diagon Alley." Ginny told them. Lilac blinked then realized one person who touched the books... The Malfoy's. "But I understand if... given all the trouble I've caused... if you-" Ginny said.

"Wiser wizards than you have been hoodwinked by Lord Voldemort, Miss Weasley and Miss Claire. No, I think you've endured enough. I would suggest a bit of bed rest, however. And perhaps a large mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up. Minerva, will you show Arthur and Molly up to the hospital wing? Along with Miss Claire's parents?" Dumbledore said. "Certainly, Albus." McGonagall said.

As they all exit, the Potter twins and Ron stay in the office. The three of them turn back towards Dumbledore. "You three realize, of course, that in the last few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules?" Dumbledore said. "Yes, sir." The three of them say in unison. "Therefore, it seems only fitting... That you three receive Special Awards for Services to the school. And... let me see... Yes, I think two hundred points apiece, which, I believe, should be more than enough to secure Gryffindor the House Cup." Dumbledore said. "Thank you, sir." They say again in unison. "Now, Mr. Weasley, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. We need our gamekeeper back." Dumbledore stated towards Ron.

Ron nods, takes the envelope and exits the office. "First, Harry and Lilac, I want to thank you. You must have shown me real loyalty down in the Chamber. Nothing but that could have called Fawkes to you. Secondly, I sense you're troubled by something. Am I right?.. Both of you." Dumbledore said. Lilac blinked and nodded. "It's just, you see, sir, I couldn't help noticing certain things. Certain similarities. Between Tom Riddle and us." Harry said. "Me more than Lilac." Harry explained. "You can speak Parseltongue, Harry.. Lilac, because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue. Unless I'm much mistaken, he transformed some of his own powers to you the night he gave you both that scar." Dumbledore stated.

"Voldemort put a bit of himself in us?" Lilac asked. "Not intentionally, but... yes." Dumbledore answered her question. "So the Sorting Hat was right. I should be a Slytherin." Harry stated, Lilac smacked him in the shoulder. "It's true, Harry. You do possess many of the qualities Voldemort himself prizes. Resourcefulness. Determination. A certain disregard for the rules. Yet the Sorting Hat placed you in Gryffindor... Yet, your sister may be more similar to Tom Riddle when he was this age." Dumbledore said but he mumbled the last part towards Harry more.

"She's resourceful, determined. Doesn't like rules, regards them completely. She's also ambitious about her dream. A very bright witch for her age." Dumbledore told Harry. "Only because I asked it to." Harry told him. "Exactly. Which makes you very different from Voldemort. It's not our abilities that show what we truly are, Harry. It's our choices. If you want proof that you belong in Gryffindor, Harry, I suggest you look more closely at this." Dumbledore said before handing him the bloodstained sword to Harry. This got Lilac's attention, the sword he threw towards her. An engraved name glimmers above the ruby-encrusted hilt. Godric Gryffindor... "Only a true Gryffindor could have pulled that out of the Hat." Dumbledore stated. Lilac smiled a bit, a true Gryffindor.

Harry went to check on Hermione, leaving Dumbledore and Lilac alone. "You knew about Emersyn.." She stated towards Dumbledore. Dumbledore nodded, "I knew about Emersyn being related to Tom Riddle. I hoped she wouldn't be the Heir of Slytherin yet she wasn't." Dumbledore said. Lilac nodded, "That's all, Dumbledore." She said before leaving to meet up with her group.

Seated at the tables, are the formerly petrified, revived students. Justin Finch-Fletchley joins his fellow Hufflepuffs. Colin Creevey snaps photos of the proceedings. At the rear of the hall, standing near the entrance, Filch is reunited with Mrs. Norris. Then... Hermione enters, searching the room for Harry and Ron. Finally, she sees them before smiling. She runs forward and embraces Harry. "You solved it! You solved it!" Hermione said. "With loads of help from you and Lilac." Harry told her honestly. She turns to embrace Ron. They pause, an awkward moment between them and... shake hands instead. "Welcome back, Hermione." Ron said. Lilac smiled towards Hermione as she looks at her. McGonagall taps her goblet. Dumbledore stands. "Before we begin our feast, let's give a round of applause to Professor Sprout and Madame Pomfrey, whose Mandrake Juice has been successfully administered to all those who had been petrified." Dumbledore stated. Everyone applauds. "Also, in the wake of recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been cancelled." Dumbledore said, Everyone cheers again, save for Hermione. "Oh, no!" Hermione complains. At the rear of the Hall, the great doors open. It's Hagrid. He enters. Stops. Looks around. The room falls silent. All eyes upon him. He glances around. Nervous. Embarrassed. "Sorry I'm late. The owl deliverin' my release papers got all lost 'n confused. Some ruddy bird named Errol." Hagrid said. Lilac laughed hearing the owl's name. Ron exchanges a nervous glance with Dumbledore. Hagrid looks at all of the faces staring at him. He turns to Harry then towards Lilac. "I jus' want to say... that if it wasn't fer' you, Harry... you an' Ron... and Hermione... and lastly Lilac. Well, I jus' want to say... Thanks." Hagrid said.

"There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Lilac calls out to him with a smirk. Just then... Dumbledore gets to his feet and... slowly... brings his hands together. The others join him. Soon, everyone is on their feet and the Hall roaring. As the students surround Hagrid, he blinks, wipes at his eyes. This was the end of the second year, Lilac knew this would become a normal for the Potter twins... Every year, facing something new and challenging to the both of them.