ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟝 :

It was November 24th, the first task was finally here and time for Lilac to show what she can do. Lilac was inside the waiting tent along with Harry, Delacour, Krum, and Cedric. She was pacing nervously was Hermione was standing on the other side of the tent door. "Psst! Harry? It that you?" Hermione asked. Lila's uniform looked the same as Harry's and Cedric's, yet it was green. "Yeah." Harry whispered.

"How are you two feeling? Ok? The key is to concentrate, After that you just have to..." Hermione tells him when it reality... It was Lilac who needed to. "Battle a dragon." Lilac told them. Hermione enters the tent and the three of them hug each other. A bright camera flashes, Rita Skeeter the journalist approaches. Lilac pushes herself away from the two and turns to face Rita. "Young love! Ohh how... stirring. If everything goes unfortunately you might make the front page." Rita tells Hermione and Harry. "You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends." Viktor told Rita. "No matter. We've got what we wanted." Rita noted. Rita quickly leaves the tent and Dumbledore enters the tent along with Madam Maxime, Karkaroff, Barty, and Filch. "Good day champions. Gather round please. Now you've waited, you've wondered and at last moment has arrived. The moment only five of you can fully appreciate." Dumbledore tells them. "What are you doing here Miss Granger?" Dumbledore asked her once he looked at her. "Oh um... Sorry I'll just go." Hermione tells him before waving towards the twins, she walked out of the tent. "Barty. The bag." Dumbledore said towards Barty. "Champions, in a circle around me. Miss Delacour over here. Mr Krum, and Potters over here." Barty said as he put them in a circle around him and in order at that... "Right. Miss Delacour, if you will." Barty said, holding the bag towards Delacour. Lilac realized... She was last in this order.

Delacour pulls out a little green dragon. "The Welsh green. Mr Krum..." Barty said. Viktor takes a dragon out of the bag. "The Chinese fireball. Oooooh." Barty said, as he went to Cedric. Lilac watched... there was only two more dragons. The Swedish short-snout and the Horntail. Cedric picked a dragon from the bag in front of him. "The Swedish short-snout. Which leaves..." Barty states. "The horntail..." Harry whispers. Lilac kicked his ankle and glared at him. "What's that boy?" Barty asked. "Nothing." Lilac said, smiling before she put her hand inside the bag. She takes out a dragon... The most dangerous one. "The Hungarian horntail. These represent very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple, collect the egg, This you must do,for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?" Barty explained towards the four competing. Silence. "Very well. Good luck champions. Mr Diggory the sound of the cannon..." Dumbledore tried to tell Cedric yet the cannon fires immediately. The start of the first task has begun...

Harry went to watch with his friends while Lilac stood alone inside the tent. She was alone and nervous... "Three of our champions have now faced their dragons and so each one of them will proceed to the next task. And now our fourth and final contestant." Dumbledore announced over the loudspeaker. Lilac took a deep breath before entering the rocky arena. The crowd cheered his name. She sees the golden egg sitting alone, she runs to the egg before rolling away from the dragon. She retreats behind a rock as the dragon flames her. Lilac took a deep breath as she took her wand out. "Protego!" She exclaims then runs to another rock. "Aguamenti!" She points her wand at the dragon. Water runs out of her wand to the dragon. The dragon roars and tries to attack Lilac. She rolls away and cuts her leg on a rock. She then points her wand at the dragon and does the sleeping charm on the dragon. She watched as the dragon dropped to the ground. She walked off straight to the golden egg and grabbed it. The crowd suddenly erupts in cheers and claps.

Later that day, Lilac was allowed to be in the Gryffindor common room with Harry to celebrate winning the first task. Lilac gives the golden egg to Harry which he lifts up the golden egg. Gryfindor students cheer around him like he defeated the dragon himself. The Weasley twins put Lilac on their shoulders, she squeals at them. "We knew you wouldn't die Lilac." George tells her. "Lose a leg." Fred tells her. "Or an arm." George suggested. "Pack it in altogether." Fred said.

"NEVER!" The twins exclaims.

Lilac giggled at the Weasley twins. "Go on Harry, what's the clue?" Seamus asked Harry. "Who wants me to open it? You want me to open it?" Harry questioned. Harry then opened the egg and a loud horrific screech comes out, he closes it again quickly. "What the bloody hell was that?" Lilac asked Harry. Ron appears in the doorway, the Weasley twins puts her down.

"Alright everyone, go back to your knitting. This is gonna be uncomfortable enough without all you nosey sods listening in." Fred told everyone. Everyone slowly left the room to do their own things except for Ron, Lilac, and Harry. Ron walked towards Harry and sighed. "I reckon you'd have to be barking mad to put your own name in the goblet of fire." Ron told Harry. "Caught on have you. Took you long enough..." Harry states. Lilac waited for them to make up. "Wasn't just me who thought you'd done it. Everyone was saying it behind your back." Ron states. "Brilliant... That makes me feel loads better." Harry states. "You knew this was going to happen." Lilac notes. "At least I warned you about the dragons." Ron told Harry. "Hagrid warned us about the dragons..." Harry pointed out. "Oh no no, I did. Don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought you'd be alright, you know, after you figured that out." Ron said.

"Who could possibly figure that out? That's completely mental." Harry said. Lilac sighed, so Pansy heard from either Parvati or Dean that Hagrid was looking for the twins. "Yeah it is... Isn't it. Suppose I was a bit distraught." Ron said. Hermione and two others were sitting besides each other. "Boys." Hermione comments.