ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟞:

Lilac looked up at the Malfoy Manor, her new home with the Deatheaters. Lilac sighed, she was doing this for her brother... for Sirius who wasn't dead like they had thought. He was almost killed but he managed to survive. She was doing this to protect Draco as well who was put on a mission to kill Dumbledore. Lilac started to walk into the gates, her new mission would begin...

Meanwhile, Harry was being reckless during the summer, Dumbledore met him at the train station he was at. "I like riding round on the trains... It takes my mind off... things." Harry admits before noticing Dumbledore's hand is ash black. "Rather unpleasant to behold, isn't it? The tale is thrilling if I do say so myself, but I'm afraid now is not the time to tell it. Take my arm." Dumbledore said as he extended his arm. "Do as I say." He added, looking ahead. Harry glances towards the woman he met before taking his arm. Instantly, everything goes black as they disappear from that train station to a village. "I just apparated, didn't I?" Harry questioned after his world stopped spinning. "Indeed. And quite successfully I might add. Most people vomit their first time." Dumbledore said. "Can't imagine why..." Harry murmured before they walked off through the steep narrow streets.

"Welcome to the charming village of Budleigh Babberton, Harry. I assume right about now you're wondering why I've brought you here, am I right?" Dumbledore questioned Harry. Harry glanced around the village, "After all these years, I just sort of roll with it, sir." He commented. Dumbledore smiles mildly, then pauses in his steps, his face darkens as he looks at the small house ahead of them. Something is wrong with this place. "Wand out, Harry." Dumbledore whispered.

Dumbledore and Harry walked towards the door before they entered cautiously. "Lumos." Dumbledore whispered, his wand started to glow on the tip. "Horace!" Dumbledore called out... Yet there was nothing... Dumbledore points his wand down the narrow hallway. He walks down the hallway, towards the open door on the other end, Harry following his lead. Once they were in the other room, they took note of the mess on the floor. Dumbledore then turned towards the armchair before jabbing his wand into the cushion. "Merlin's beard!" The armchair exclaimed. The armchair mutates into a human form, or well... something in between of a human with armchair arms. Within a few minutes, the human was a human again with well-worn lilac pajamas. "There's no need to disfigure me, Albus!" He spoke towards Dumbledore. "I must say, you make a very convincing armchair, Horace." Dumbledore told the man.

"It's all in the upholstery." Horace spoke, patting his stomach. "I come by the stuffing naturally. What gave me away?" He spoke. Dumbledore nodded towards the ceiling, "Dragon's blood." Harry stood there quiet, he questioned why Lilac wasn't there with them. "Yes, well, I couldn't very well use wizard's blood, could I? Oho!" Horace said before spotting Harry. He takes a step back. The blood on Harry's forehead only highlights his scar. "Ah yes. Introductions. Harry, this is an old friend and colleague of mine, Horace Slughorn. Horace, this is, well, you know who this is." Dumbledore told his friend before whispering, "Apparently, there's some thought he may be the Chosen One."

Slughorn stares at Harry as if he was hypnotized. " So why all the theatrics, Horace? You weren't perhaps expecting someone else, were you?" Dumbledore questioned. Horace blinks, "S-someone else? I'm sure I don't know what you mean." He spoke, his voice wavers. Dumbledore raises an eyebrow towards him, his friend quickly caves. "Oh all right! The Deatheaters have been trying to recruit me for over a year. Do you know what that's like? One can only say no to these people so many times before they..." Slughorn told Dumbledore. "Take matters into their own hands?" Dumbledore questioned Slughorn, knowing what he meant. Slughorn eyes Dumbledore miserably. "I never stay anywhere more than a week. The Muggles who own this place are in the Canary Islands." Slughorn told them. "Well, I think it should be put back in order for them, don't you? Mind?" Dumbledore said, raising his wand. The things on the ground quickly went back to where it belongs, things shattered change to its fixed state. "That was fun. May I use the loo?" Dumbledore stated before heading down the hall. "Don't think I don't know why you're here, Albus! The answer is still no! Absolutely, unequivocally no!" Slughorn called towards him.

Dumbledore doesn't respond at all. Slughorn glances towards Harry, silence was awkward. "You look very like your father. Except for your eyes. You've got-" Slughorn spoke before Harry said, "My mother's eyes, yeah." Slughorn smiled softly before realizing there was two kids... Twins. "Lily. Lovely Lily. She was exceedingly bright. Your mother. Even more impressive when one considers she was Muggleborn." Slughorn spoke. "One of my best friends is Muggleborn. She's the best in our year... Well, one of the best." Harry said yet the last sentence was more quiet. "Oh, but you mustn't think I'm prejudiced! No, no, no! Your mother was one of my absolute favorites! Look, there she is. Right up front." Slughorn said before showing Harry the dresser of photos. "All mine, each and every one. Ex students, I mean. You recognize Barnubas Cuffe, of course, editor of the Daily Prophet. Always take my owl should I want to register my opinion on the news of the day. And there's Ambrosius Flume of Honeydukes." Slughorn spoke, he continued to talk about his past students like awards.

Harry steps forward, taking a picture of one boy, who looks like Sirius. "Ah yes. Regulus Black. You no doubt know his older brother Sirius. I taught the whole Black family except Sirius. Shame. Talented boy. I got Regulus when he came along, of course, but I'd have liked the set." Slughorn spoke. "Mind if I take this? I do love knitting patterns." Dumbledore said. Slughorn blinks, looking away from Harry and finds Dumbledore standing there with a muggle magazine.

"Of course. But you're not leaving?" Slughorn questioned. "I think I know a lost cause when I see one. Regrettable. I would have considered it a personal triumph had you consented to return to Hogwarts, Horace. You are, like my friend Mr. Potter- one of a kind." Dumbledore hums before they make their way out of the house. "All right! I'll do it. But I'll be wanting Professor Merrythought's old office, not that water closet I had formerly. And I expect a raise! These are mad times we live in! Mad!" Slughorn spoke. "Indeed they are." Dumbledore mumbled before leading Harry back to the village square. "Sir, exactly what was that all-" Harry questioned before Dumbledore interrupted. "You are talented, famous and powerful. Everything Horace values. Professor Slughorn is going to try to collect you, Harry. You would be his crowning jewel. That is why he is returning to Hogwarts. And it is crucial he returns." Dumbledore spoke. Harry looks intrigued by his last statement. "I fear I may have stolen a wondrous night from you, Harry. She was, truthfully, very pretty. The girl." Dumbledore stated. "It's alright, sir. I'll go back tomorrow, make some excuse-" Harry said before noticing Dumbledore was shaking his head.

"You'll not be going back to Little Whinging tonight, Harry." He told him. "But, sir. What about Hedwig? And there's my trunk-" Harry said. "Both are waiting for you." Dumbledore spoke before extending his arm towards him. Harry reaches out, he touches the silk of his cloak before apparating elsewhere.

Hello again! I'm back. I have been busy for quite a bit with working and trying to focus on different things. I am going to try and update on Tuesdays and Thursdays (next week) so I have some schedule to the whole base.