ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟘

"You. You're the heir of Slytherin. You're Voldemort?" Lilac asked as she slightly gagged. SHE THOUGHT YOUNG VOLDEMORT WAS HOT!

"Surely you didn't think I would keep my filthy Muggle father's name? No, I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world." Riddle said. Lilac gagged still on the fact she thought the young Voldemort was hot. "Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!" Harry defended Dumbledore's name. "Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me." Riddle explained to them.

"He'll never be gone! Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him!" Lilac said before seeing flashes of someone falling as she pointed a wand at the person. She shook off the visions, there was something more important here. (Not me foreshadowing something...) Unearthly echoes deep within the chamber and a small swift shadow ribbons over the rock, Lilac smiles softly seeing Fawkes, the Phoenix. The bird swoops into the chamber, clutching a ragged bundle in its golden talons. "Fawkes." Lilac mumbled. Fawkes flies toward Harry, drops the ragged bundle, which is the Sorting hat, at his feet. Riddle picks it up.

"This is what Dumbledore sends his defender! A songbird and an old hat!" Riddle asked before tossing aside the hat. He turns to the statue of Salazar Slytherin and speaks in Parseltongue. "Speak to me, Slytherin." Riddle said in parseltongue. Suddenly, the stone face's mouth opens. There is a rumbling sound, followed by the sound of slithering. Harry turns away along with Lilac. The Basilisk, a giant serpent, spills out, uncoiling heavily to the floor. Harry turns to the wall. Lilac looks to the ground but avoids any places that there is a reflection. The shadow of the serpent is visible on the wall and ground.

"Let's match the powers of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Potter twins, shall we?" Riddle said before turning to the serpent. "Kill them!" Riddle told in parseltongue.

"I vote we should start running." Lilac told Harry, he quickly nods and they start running off. "Parseltongue won't save you now, Potters. The Basilisk only obeys me." Riddle told them. "Split!" Lilac yelled as they both ran down two different pipes. She heard Fawkes screech, yet she couldn't head back. "Fool! Think you're safe! It can still hear you!" Riddle yelled out. Lilac nodded, "Blind.." She whispered as she walked back to Riddle and her friends. She then sees a snake shadow along the wall. She quickly starts running as the snake follows, she slides into a small area. She stays silent and still awaiting the snake. She then hears something being thrown farther away from her. She quickly runs to meet Harry into the main chamber.

They took note to see their friends looked frighteningly pale. Riddle grins cruelly, almost completely solid now. "It couldn't just be one problem this year but two..." She mumbled angrily. "Yes, Potters. The process is nearly complete. In a few minutes, Ginny Weasley and Emersyn Claire will be dead. And I will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return. Very much... alive." Tom Riddle said. Harry moves toward Ginny, then suddenly... the Basilisk shoots out of the tunnel, hissing directly in front of Lilac. She glances back towards Harry before she made enough noise to make the Basilisk follow her. She leaps upward and begins to scale the statue of Salazar Slytherin. (Salazar is a very confusing name to spell...) The serpent strikes at Lilac madly. Harry watching worried for his twin. Climbing boldly until she reaches the top. Harry turns to see something inside the Sorting hat, glittering within. A ruby handle of a sword. Harry quickly grabs it, "Lilac!" Harry yelled before tossing it up to her, she catches it before slashing at the serpent like a prince would towards a dragon in children's stories.

The serpent tries to strike her at the same time, Lilac drives the sword into the top of its mouth. She feels a sharp pain in her arm, there is a Basilisk fang in there. She cries out as she clutches her arm in agony, she quickly gets down off the statue before falling to the ground. Harry runs to his sister as she pulls the fang out. Riddle steps forward, almost fully whole now. His eyes shine at the sight of Lilac's wound. "Remarkable, isn't it? How quickly the venom of the Basilisk penetrates the body? If you have any final words, Potter, you'd best speak them now. I'd guess you have little more than a minute to live." Riddle stated. Lilac blinks heavily, watching as the skin of his forearm turns a troubling gray. "So ends the famous Lilac Potter. On her knees in the Chamber of Secrets with her brother at her side, defenseless. Defeated at last by the Dark Lord she so unwisely challenged. You'll be back with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Lilac..." Riddle said.

As Riddle talks, Harry glances at Ginny, nearly white now, a small ghost, the only evidence of life the trembling of a single finger. Harry studies the finger and what lies beneath it: Tom Riddle's diary.

'Harry, can you grab the diary...? I have a plan.' Lilac stated within Harry's mind. Harry begins to crawl toward Ginny, quickly. Lilac coughed as she looked at Tom Riddle, her arm was burning. "Funny, isn't it? The damage a silly little book can do? Especially in the hands of a silly little girl." Riddle asked with a smile. As Harry reaches Ginny, he places his hand on hers, then... slips the diary free. "What are you doing? No. Stop..." Riddle said as his face creases in fear. He lunges forward for the book but Harry throws it at Lilac. She raised the fang high and plunged into the book.

Instantly, black ink sprouts from the pages. "No!" Riddle shrieks as he writhes in pain. His body begins to wither instantly, growing blurry once more. As the ink runs off Lilac's fingers to the floor. She bites her lip and stabs it again making sure she gets rid of him. Riddle vanishes altogether. Harry sinks back, then... hears a faint moan. Ginny stirs, color blooming in her cheeks. As she sees Harry, she sobs. Emersyn quickly gasps awake and looks around. She quickly runs at Lilac who falls down to the ground, laying there. "Lila!" Emersyn cried out.

"You're hurt..." Emersyn said as she laid Lilac's head on her lap. "Em.. You need to get yourself and Ginny out... Follow the chamber... You'll find Ron..." Lilac said. Harry looked back at Lilac. There is a rush of wings and Fawkes circles down, lays his head onto Lilac's arm. "You were brilliant, Fawkes. I just... wasn't quick enough." Lilac said softly. Then Lilac blinks, looks down. There was a thick pearly tears trickled down Fawkes' face, onto her arm.

"Of course. Dumbledore told me, first year. Phoenix tears have healing powers." She said softly. With Fawkes gliding gracefully ahead of them, Harry and Ginny make their way back, Emersyn helped Lilac. She still wasn't at her best. Up ahead, shifting rocks can be heard and a jagged fissure of light shimmers. Ron's face appears. "Ginny!" Ron exclaimed. Ron wriggles through, rushes forward and hugs Ginny. "We Slytherins don't have anyone to care for except for ourselves..." Emersyn said softly. "I know Voldemort is your... grandfather? Great grandfather?" Lilac said softly. This caused Emersyn to freeze, "Don't say anything to anyone..." Emersyn said softly before they returned to the others.

"I'm going to be expelled, I just know it!" Ginny exclaimed. "Remind you of anyone?" Ron asked Harry. "Where's Lockhart?" Lilac asked weakly. Harry eyes Lockhart, sitting by himself, humming placidly. "His Memory Charm backfired. Hasn't got a clue who he is. I keep having to stop him wandering off. He's a danger to himself." Ron said. "Hello. Odd sort of place, this, isn't it? Do you live here?" Lockhart asked.

Lilac laughed before coughing. "No." Ron said while both Slytherins nodded. Ron turns, raises his eyebrows at Harry. Harry looks upward. There is an opening, hundreds of feet up. Just then, Fawkes circles back, fluttering in front of Harry. "What's with the bird?" Ron asked. "I think... I think he's telling me he can take us out of here." Harry said. A curious, gliding shadow ripples across the cavernous wall, and then Harry, Ron, Emersyn, Lilac, Ginny and Lockhart soar out of the darkness, linked hand in hand. Fawkes is flying them home.

"Amazing! This is just like magic!" Lockhart said, looking around.

"He's a complete idiot..." She grumbled as she slowly felt better.

Oh my... Two more chapters left of this book till it's finished. I'm so happy everyone is reading this book and hopefully enjoying it too. I honestly love updating to see people reading. It makes me want to update more.