ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟙 :

Lilac was in her dorm room as she was writing a letter to her father. She would write to her mother but... She's no more. Lilac closed the book and got up, Emersyn walked into the room and smiled. "Hey, you going to eat? Dinner will be soon." Emersyn stated. Lilac nodded, "I'll be there in a moment." Lilac told her with a smile. One she was faking to hide her real feelings. It was something she always did when she was upset. "Come... Come to me..." A raspy voice told Lilac. Emersyn stopped for a moment before walking off. Lilac watched as Emersyn left before following the voice without letting Emersyn knowing.

"Blood... I smell blood..." The voice stated, Lilac shuddered as she heard what it said. She quickly kept following the voice. "Let me rip you... Let me kill you..." The voice continued.

Lilac was quickly walking after the voice. She bumped into someone falling down. "Hey, watch it!" She snapped before seeing her twin brother, Harry. "Harry... I'm sorry." She said before standing up. "Did you hear the voice too?" He whispered. She nodded as she looked around. "I don't want it was but we need to find out what it was..." She stated. They started to follow the voice together. Moving faster and faster, rounding the corner and coming face to face with... Hermione and Ron. "Harry! Lilac!" Hermione said. "Did you hear it?" Harry asked.

"Hear what?" Ron asked them. "A... A voice." Lilac stated as she looked around the castle. "Voice? What voice?" Hermione asked. Harry's eyes darted around the castle along with Lilac. "I heard it first in Lockhart's office and then again, just..." Harry said. "Kill... Time to kill..." The voice said. Lilac stiffened as she started to follow the voice again. "It's moving. I think... We think it's going to... kill." Harry said before running after Lilac. Hermione and Ron exchange a glance before following them. They finally stop, hearing nothing anymore. Lilac looked at the ground, she sees water. "Harry..." She whispered seeing words in the reflection of the water. They look up towards the words and sees them written in blood. Lilac starts to walk towards them but Harry holds her back. "Wait..." He whispered.

"Harry, Lilac, what are you doing?" Ron asked as the other two catches up with them. Harry points towards the words. "The chamber of secrets has been opened..." Hermione asked, reading it. "What's that? Hanging underneath?" Ron asked.

"That's Filch's cat. Mrs. Norris." Lilac said softly. The cat hangs stiffly by her tail from torch bracket, eyes open and blank. Harry's eyes shift to the adjacent window, near the topmost pane. Spiders scuttle up a silvery thread, fighting to get through the crack in the glass. "Look at that. Have you ever seen spiders act like that?" Hermione said. Ron backing away from the spiders, "I... don't... like...spiders." Ron said. Lilac was walking towards the writing, she put her hand on the wall before seeing a flashback... vision. She backed her hand away from the wall once the vision was done. Suddenly, the stairwell is alive with voices, and seconds later, dozens of students stream forth. They stop, seeing the wall and standing before it is the four of them. A thudding silence falls around them, Draco pushes forward as he eyes the wall. He grins, "Enemies of the heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!" Draco said. Lilac looked at the Slytherins. She then looked at the wall, it looked like she had done this... Yet, she didn't.

Filch quickly appears, "What's going on here? Go on now! Make way..." Filch said before stopping seeing Mrs. Norris. "Mrs. Norris!" He exclaimed before facing Lilac. "You! You've murdered my cat! I'll kill you! I'll.." He cried out as she backed away. "Argus!" Dumbledore exclaimed as he marches forward. Right behind him was Professor Snape, McGonagall, Lockhart, and a few others. Dumbledore looked at the wall, his face darkened. "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately." Dumbledore said, he looked at Harry, Ron, Hermione, and lastly Lilac. "Everyone except you four." Dumbledore added.

As the corridor empties, Emersyn glanced at Lilac before walking away. Dumbledore steps to the wall, with extreme gentleness, he removes Mrs. Norris. "It was definitely a curse that killed her... Probably the Transmogrifian Torture. Encountered it myself once, in Ouagadougou. The full story's in my autobiography." Lockhart said. Lilac rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "She's not dead, Argus. She's been Petrified." Dumbledore said.

"Precisely! So unlucky I wasn't there. I know the very countercurse that could have spared her..." Lockhart said. "But how she's been Petrified... I cannot say." Dumbledore told. Filch pointed at Lilac. "Ask her! It's her that's done it. You saw what she wrote on the wall! Besides, she knows I'm... I'm a Squib." Filch stated. Lilac glanced at Harry before she looked back at Filch. "It's not true, sir. I swear! I would never touch Mrs. Norris." She stated. Snape sighed softly as he looked at them. "If I might, Headmaster..." Snape started. The others turn to watch separate from the shadows. "Perhaps the Potters and their friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time..." Snape said.

Could Snape be defending the three Gryffindors while defending Lilac? Why though? Everything now pointed towards her. "However, the circumstances are suspicious. I, for one, don't recall seeing the Potter twins at dinner." Snape said. "I'm afraid that's my doing with Harry Potter. You see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mail..." Lockhart said. Dumbledore looked at Lilac, "And for me, I lost time writing a letter to my father. Emersyn Claire came to my dorm to tell me that it was dinner time. I was just heading there now till I saw Hermione and Ron. They were trying to find Harry which I knew he was in detention." Lilac tried to explain. "Professor, we'd just found him when Harry said..." Hermione said. "Yes, Miss Granger?" Snape asked, raising his eyebrow.

"When I said I wasn't hungry. We were heading back to the common room and... we all found Mrs. Norris." Harry said. Snape eyes Harry coldly, knowing they were lying. Lilac looked at Dumbledore. "Innocent until proven guilty." Dumbledore stated. "My cat has been Petrified! I want to see some punishment!" Filch exclaimed. Lilac looked at the writing, she saw a robe and a young hand. Kind of similar to Ginny's or Emersyn's. "We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand it, Madam Sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrakes. When they have matured, a potion will be made which will revive Mrs. Norris. In the meantime, I advise caution. To all." Dumbledore stated. Lilac and Harry nodded before leaving.