ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟠:

McGonagall came into the Slytherin's dungeon, they were told to be in the common room at this time... for a meeting. "All students will return to their house common rooms by six o'clock in the evening. You will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions. I should tell you all this. Unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught, it is likely that the school will be closed." McGonagall told them before looking at Lilac. She huffed and looked at Draco. McGonagall turns and exits the room to continue to talk to the other students. She needed to try and find out what was inside that parchment in Hermione's hand. She quickly ran towards the hospital wing, she sees Madam Pomfrey at the door. "There's no point in talking to a petrified person. She won't hear a word you're saying." She states. "I'm aware... I just need to talk with her. She is a friend of mine." She said softly. She exits the room, Lilac walks to Hermione and grabs the paper. She rolls her eyes at the Get Well card by Lockhart.

She opens the paper to see a piece of library paper. "Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the Basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it and only the crowing of the rooster can kill it." Lilac read off it. She gasped shocked, "That's why.." She whispered. "This is it! The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a Basilisk. That's why I can hear it speak. It's a snake." Lilac said as she looked at Hermione.

"Yet, it kills people by looking into the eyes... But, no one did. Hermione, you looked at it through a mirror... Collin a camera. Justin must've seen the Basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick." She stated. "Mrs. Norris had the water that night..." She came to the conclusion. She smiled and ran to tell Harry and Ron everything that she just found out. She needed to find the Chamber now.

"Harry! Ron! I need to talk with you." She told them as she ran to them. "What is it?" Ron asked. She then explained everything that she had recently found out. Including this Tom Riddle boy. (She didn't mention that he was cute) "How does it get around though?" Harry asked. "Pipes. The plumbing." She said. "Pipes...? It's using the plumbing?" Ron asked, repeating what she said. "Remember what Aragog said? About that girl fifty years ago? She died in a bathroom. What if she never left." Harry stated.

"Moaning Myrtle!" Lilac exclaimed before she rushed to the girl's bathroom. The others following. Lilac stops as she hears McGonagall, she stops Harry and Ron. "As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. Two students has been taken by the monster. Into the Chamber itself... I'm afraid we shall have to send the students home. I'm afraid... this is the end of Hogwarts." McGonagall told them. "So sorry. Dozed off. What have I missed?" Lockhart said as he walked in cheerily. "Just the man. A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come at last." Snape said.

Lilac chuckled softly, Lockhart was a fraud now he will get his moment to show. "My m-moment?" Lockhart asked. "Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" Snape asked. "D-did I? I don't recall..." Lockhart asked. "That settles it. We'll leave it to you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are legend." McGonagall said. Lilac motioned for them to rush away so they wouldn't find them... Yet, they stayed. "V-very well. I'll -- I'll be in my office, getting -- getting ready." Lockhart said before going to pack. "The rest of us should go and inform the students what has happened." McGonagall said. "Who is it the monster's taken, Minerva?" Sprout asked. McGonagall let out a deep breath. "Ginny Weasley and Emersyn Claire." She replied. Ron's knees give way. As Harry catches him, the staff scatters, revealing what is written on the wall: Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever. Lilac covered her mouth as she choked a gasp.

"She knew something, Harry. She'd found out something about the Chamber of Secrets. That's why she was taken. I mean, she was -- is -- a pure-blood. There can't be any other reason." Ron stated. "Both of them are." Lilac said. "But, we need to find Lockhart. He may be a brainless git, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber. We can tell him what we know... We can save them..." She stated. They rush to Lockhart's office. "Professor, we've got some information for you-" Harry said before all of them stop. Lockhart's office is stripped to the shelves. Two large trunks stand open. "Are you going somewhere?" Lilac sneered.

"Um, well, yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go..." Lockhart made an excuse. "What about my sister?" Ron asked. "Well, as to that -- most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I-" Lockhart said. Lilac scoffed, "You're the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!" Lilac exclaimed. "I must say, when I took the job, nothing in the job description.." Lockhart told. "You're running away? After all that stuff you did in your books?" Harry asked. "Books can be misleading." Lockhart said. "You wrote them!" Harry said.

"My dear boy, do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover. No dress sense at all..." Lockhart said. Lilac shook her head, "You're a fraud! You've just been taking credit for what a load of other wizards have done!" Lilac yelled, she hated him more than anything now. "Lilac, Lilac, Lilac. There was work involved. I had to track these people down and ask them exactly how they managed to do what they did. No, it's not all book signings and publicity photos. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long, hard slog." Lockhart said. "Is there anything you can do?" Ron asked. Lilac pulled out her wand but hid it behind herself. "Yes, now that you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would've gone blabbing and I'd never have sold another book. I'm afraid I'll have to do the same to you both, lest you do the same." Lockhart said before lifting his wand but Lilac was quicker. "Expelliarmus!" Lilac said. Lockhart blasts backwards, toppling into one of the open trunks, his wand flying across the floor. "Looks like those Dueling Lessons came in handy after all, Professor." Lilac said, smirking at him.