ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛:

Lilac, Arthur, and Harry was walking to the hearing the twins had to do in the Ministry... except, they had to go the Muggle way there. Arthur was amused to say the least with the underground trains (subways) and the different things. "Here we are." Arthur told the twins as they walked up to a small telephone booth. "Do you think all of us can fit in there?" Lilac questioned. Arthur shrugged as he opened the door. "I've never used the visitors' entrance before. Should be fun. Right. Good. I'll just get my Muggle money." Arthur said as all of them were in the booth. Surprisingly, it fit them in... with a small bit of room left.

The Potter twins and Arthur walked out of the booth, looking around the Ministry. The Ministry was crowded with people that were walking off to work or getting ready to go to the hearing. Lilac glanced over at a guy who was handing out Daily Prophets. "Daily Prophet, ladies and gentlemen. Anybody for Daily Prophet? Dumbledore: Is he daft, or is he dangerous." The guy said. Lilac looked at the many golden figures around the whole room. Harry was looking at the huge tapestry of Fudge, hanging on the ceiling. The three of them walked inside the elevator, ready for the whole thing. "Morning, Arthur." A goblin said. "Morning, Bob." He said before leaning to Harry's ear, seeing paper planes coming into the elevator with them. "Interdepartmental memos. We used to use owls. Mess was unbelievable." Arthur whispered to Harry. Lilac smiled as Kingsley walked into the elevator with them. Kingsley walked to besides Arthur, whispering something to him. "Merlin's beard. Thank you, Kingsley. They've changed the time of your hearing." Arthur told the twins. "When is it?" The ask in unison. "In five minutes." Arthur replied to their question.

"Department of Mysteries." The elevator spoke. It was Kingsley, Arthur, Harry, Lilac, and the liftman (Yes, I had to look up the term for the person) The three of them stepped out, going to the hearing on time. The three of them stop walking seeing Lucius talking with Fudge. "And I;m confident, minister, that you will do the right thing." Lucius said softly. "Yes, but we must be..." Fudge said before stopping seeing Arthur and the twins standing there.

"Remember, during the hearing, speak only when you're spoken to. Keep calm. You've done nothing wrong. As the muggles say, truth will out. Yes?" Arthur spoke. Harry nods at his question. Lilac looked at the door then Harry. "I'm not allowed in, I'm afraid. Good luck, to the both of you." Arthur said. Harry and Lilac walk inside the room for their hearing, what they didn't know was that their future teacher was there. The twins seated on the chair or well... Harry was seated on the chair, Lilac was on the arm of the chair. "Disciplinary hearing of the 12th of August... into offenses committed by Harry James Potter... resident at Number 4 Privet drive, little Whinging, Surrey and Lilac Amelie-Sirius Potter.. Resident at the Pyritese manor, wiltshire, england. Interrogators: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of Mag-" Fudge said before being interrupted by a booming voice. "Witness for the defense. Albus Percival Wulfric... Brian Dumbledore." Dumbledore said as he walked behind the chair and stood in front of the twins slightly.

"You got our message that the time and place of the hearing... had been changed, did you?" Fudge questioned Dumbledore. "I must have missed it. But by a happy mistake, I arrived at the Ministry three hours early.... The charges?" Dumbledore said. Harry fidgeted with his fingers, Lilac smiled softly towards Harry. "The charges against the accused are as follows: That he did knowingly and in full awareness of the illegality of their actions produce a Patronus Charm in the presence of a Muggle. Do you deny producing said Patronus." Fudge said.

"No, but..." Harry tried to speak

"And you were aware that you were forbidden to use magic outside school while under the age of 17?" Fudge questioned.

"Yes, we were, but..." Lilac tried to explain.

"Witches and wizards of the Wizengamot.." Fudge said but Lilac decided it was enough.

"We were only doing it because of the Dementors." Lilac said, raising her voice slightly. Witches and Wizards started talking among themselves about Dementors and the story they could have made up. "Dementors? In Little Whinging?" A woman asked them. Fudge pointed towards the woman then looked at the twins. "That's quite clever. Muggles can't see Dementors, can they? Highly convenient." Fudge spoke. "I- We're not lying. There were three of them, and if we hadn't..." Harry said. "Enough. I'm sorry to interrupt what I'm sure would have been a very well rehearsed story... but since you can produce no witnesses of the event..." Fudge said before Dumbledore thought of one person. "Pardon me, minister, but as it happens, we can." Dumbledore spoke.

"Please describe the attack. What did they look like?" The woman asked. Lilac and Harry sat away from the chair together. Hopefully this was the proof they needed. "Well, one of them was very large and the other rather skinny..." Ms. Figg spoke. "Not the boys. The Dementors." Fudge said, not even wanting to give Harry or Lilac a chance. "Oh, right, right. Well, big. Cloaked. Then everything went cold... as though all the happiness had gone from the world." Ms. Figg told them. Dumbledore glanced at her, listening to her story. The things matched what the Dementors were known for. "Now, look here, Dementors don't just wander into a Muggle suburb... and happen across a wizard and a witch. The odds are astronomical." Fudge spoke. "I don't think anyone would believe the Dementors were there by coincidence, minister." Dumbledore said. Umbridge cleared her throat, "I'm sure I must have misunderstood you, professor. Dementors are, after all, under the control of the Ministry of Magic. And it's so silly of me, but it sounded for a moment as though... you were suggesting that the Ministry had ordered the attack on these children." Umbridge said. "That would be disturbing indeed, Madam Undersecretary... which is why I'm sure the Ministry will be mounting a full-scale inquiry into why the three Dementors were so very far from Azkaban and why they mounted an attack without authorization. Of course, there is someone.. Who might be behind the attack." Dumbledore said before walking closer towards Fudge. "Cornelius, I implore you to see reason. The evidence that the Dark Lord has returned is incontrovertible." Dumbledore spoke softly and quietly so no one else could hear.

"He is not back." Fudge said

Dumbledore tried to see reason but couldn't.. He needed proof. Solid evidence he was back. "In the matter of Harry Potter and Lilac Potter... the law clearly states... that magic may be used before Muggles in life-threatening situations." Dumbledore said, pacing back and forth within the room. "Laws can be changed if necessary, Dumbledore." Fudge told him.

"Clearly.." Dumbledore said.

"Has it become practice to hold a full criminal trial... to deal with a simple matter of underage magic?" Dumbledore questioned. Lilac watched as the whole thing went down. Why did they have this happen? "Those in favor of conviction?" The woman asked. Fudge, Umbridge, and a few others raised their hands. "Those in favor of clearing the accused of all charges?" The woman asked once all the hands went down. This had most of the room raising their hands, even Ms. Figg. "Cleared of all charges." Fudge spoke. Dumbledore walked out of the room quickly. Harry tried to speak with him but there was silence.