ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞:

Lilac walked with Emersyn, they were going to Hagrid's hut to do another class. She wanted to take other classes, yet the times weren't in her favor. The students soon arrived around Hagrid. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were gathered around together, the trio standing together. Draco besides Lilac with Crabbe and Goyle.

"C'mon now, get a move on! Got a real treat for yeh. Great lesson comin' up. Follow me." Hagrid said. Hagrid leads them toward a small paddock just this side of the Forbidden Forest. In the paddock, a freestanding iron rock hangs with dead ferrets, buzzing with flies. "Gather round. Find yerself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books." Hagrid tells them. "And exactly how do we do that?" Draco sassed towards Hagrid. Lilac rolled her eyes, she didn't know how to open the book either but Hagrid did.

Hagrid looks towards Lilac, which she was looking unamused. "Crikey. Didn' yeh know? All yeh've got ter do is stroke em. Look..." Hagrid said. Hagrid takes Lilac's copy of the book, snaps the spellotape binding it. As it begins to bite at him, Hagrid calmly runs a finger down the book's bind and it shivers. The book opens, Hagrid glances at the class, all of them looking unsure. "Righ' then. So... So... yeh've got yer books, an' yeh need the Magical Creatures. Right. So... I'll.. I'll go an' get em." Hagrid explains. Hagrid turns around, disappearing into the trees.

Draco shakes his head before speaking loudly towards Crabbe and Goyle. "God, this place is going to the dogs.Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Draco says. "Listen, you stupid prat-" Harry threatens, stepping close to Draco. Lilac steps forward to go in between them. Eyes widening in fear, Draco steps back, pointing to something that isn't there. "Dementor! Dementor!" Draco explains in fear. Harry jumps, wheels in fear, finds... nothing.

Instantly, the Slytherins... Well, a group of them makes an eerie Ooh sound, then breaks up laughing. Harry reddens, embarrassed. A strange breast, buckbeak emerges from the trees. It has the torso, hind legs, and tail of a horse yet the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle. The students step back in fear, then Hagrid appears, shooing the beast on. "Gee up, there!" Hagrid said, grinning. "Beau'iful isn' he?" Hagrid added on. There seems no consensus on this, but the students stare in wary wonder nonetheless. As Hagrid coaxes the beast to the center o the paddock. Ron stares uneasily.

"Hagrid. Exactly, what is that?" Ron asked. "It's a Hippogriff, Ron." Lilac said, looking at Ron. "Typically they are proud... Yet, easily offended. They are amazing creatures." Lilac tells the class. "How are you even Slytherin?..." Ron mumbles towards Hermione and Harry. "Right then... Who wants ter come an' say hello?" Hagrid asks.

Lilac steps forward since the entire class stepped backwards. Lilac sighs softly before she approached Hagrid slowly. "Tha's it. Easy now... stop! This here's Buckbeak, Lila. Yeh want ter let im make the firs' move. It's polite, see? Jus' take step forward, give im a bow, and if Buckbeak bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. Ready?" Hagrid explains. Lilac nods, she steps forward and bows. Buckbeak's head cocks, studying Lilac. Buckbeak then ducks his beak. "Well done, Lilac! Go on. Give im a pat." Hagrid says. Lilac reaches out, laying her hand on Buckbeak's fierce beak. The class claps, Lila smiles.

"Look at that! I reckon he migh' let yeh ride im!" Hagrid said. Lilac looks at Hagrid. "Excuse me?" She asks, she sounded a bit worried. "We'll jus' set yeh behind the wing joint. Mind yeh don' pull any feathers out. He won' like that." Hagrid explains. Hagrid lifts Lilac high, dropping her onto Buckbeak's back and before Lilac could get settled. Hagrid slaps Buckbeak's hindquarters. "Off yeh go!" Hagrid yells. As Buckbeak gallops forward, Lilac slides scarily back. His giant wings unfold, huge and powerful, they soar into the air. Rising higher and higher up into the sky. Lilac soon realized she held onto Buckbeak's neck a bit to tight, she quickly loosened her hold. Losing herself in the joy of flying, she smiled. They flew around the Whomping Willow, past the Hogwarts castle, then over the Black Lake. Hagrid whistles, Buckbeak wheels, heading back towards the paddock.

As Lilac slides off Buckbeak, the class cheers... all except Draco who looks at her. "Good work, Lila!" Hagrid tells her. "How'm I doin' e firs' day?" Hagrid asks under his breath. "Brillant, Hagrid." She whispers. She smiles softly, then Draco pushes past them roughly, strides towards Buckbeak. "Give me a go at that thing. If Potter can do it, it must be easy. You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute." Draco rants. "Draco! No!" Lilac exclaims while Hagrid exclaims, "Malfoy! No!" In a flash, Buckbeak's steely talons slash down. Draco gets cut on his arm, the blood blossoming on his robes. Lilac and Harry dashes forward, Buckbeak whips around, raising its talons but sees Lilac, it lowers.

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" Draco explains. "Calm yerself! Yer fine... jus' a scratch." Hagrid tells him. Hagrid looks at the deep gash glistening on Draco's limp arm. "Hagrid. He's got to be taken to a hospital. I'll go with you, if you like..." Hermione says. "No. I'm the teacher. You all.. You all just... Class dismissed!" Hagrid tells the class. And with that, Hagrid swoops up Draco, flops him over his shoulder, and lumbers towards the castle.