ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟚:

The necklace lies green and glittering upon McGonagall's desk. Lilac, Leanne, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all standing inside her office. "You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks, Leanne?" McGonagall questioned. "It's like I said. She went to the loo and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important she deliver it." Leanne told her. "Did she say to whom?" She questioned Leanne, in return, Leanne shook her head. "All right, Leanne. You may go." McGonagall spoke. Leanne exits the office, leaving the four of them in her office. "Why is it always you four? Hm? When something happens?" She questions. "Believe me, Professor, I've been asking myself the same question for six years." Ron spoke, Lilac held back a snort. Just then, Snape appears at the door, eyeing the four of them. "Severus." McGonagall said.

"Is this it?" Snape questioned. McGonagall nods to his question. Snape takes his wand, lifting the necklace like a dead snake. He eyes it with fascination. "What do you think?" McGonagall questioned. "I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive." Snape told, Lilac tried not to show her guilt. "She was cursed, wasn't she? I know Katie. Off the Quidditch pitch she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was bringing that to someone, she wasn't doing it knowingly." Harry told them. Snape eyes Harry levelly. "Yes. She was cursed." She said towards them.

"It was Malfoy."

"That's a very serious accusation, Potter." McGonagall said. "Why do you think it's Draco, Harry?" Lilac asked with her arms crossed. "Indeed. Your evidence?" Snape spoke over Lilac. "I... just... know." Harry told them. "You... just... know? Once again you astonish with your gifts, Potter, gifts mere mortals could only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the Chosen One." Snape said, Ron and Hermione averts their eyes uncomfortably. "I suggest you return to your dormitory. All of you." McGonagall told the four of them. Harry and Ron lie awake in the darkened dormitory. Ron stares at the ceiling from his bed. Harry eyes 'Malfoy' on the Marauder's Map. "What do you suppose Dean sees in her? Ginny." Ron asked Harry. "What does she see in him?" Harry questioned. "Dean? He's brilliant." Ron spoke.

"You called him a slick git not five hours ago." Harry pointed out. "Yeah... Well, he was running his hands all over my sister, wasn't he? You've got to hate him. You know... On principle." Ron mumbled. Harry looked troubled for a moment before replying, "I suppose." His mind thinking back on how his sister is so close to Malfoy. "So what is it? He sees in her?" Ron questioned. "I don't know. She's smart. Funny.... Attractive..." Harry ranted as he looked towards the ceiling. "Attractive?" Ron questioned Harry. "You know... She's got... nice skin." Harry tried to cover for himself. "Skin? You're saying Dean's dating my sister because of her skin?" Ron asked. "Well.. no. I mean... I'm just saying it could be a contributing factor." Harry explains. There was a moment of silence before Ron spoke. "Hermione's got nice skin. Wouldn't you say? As skin goes, I mean." Harry glances towards Ron, "I've never really thought about it. But I suppose, yeah. Very nice." Harry told him before more silence filled the room. Suddenly, it feels more weird. "I think I'll be going to sleep now." Harry said. "Right." Ron replied. Harry sets the map aside. Draco's dot moves down the 7th floor corridor then disappears.

"A toast!" Slughorn stands at the head of a table, goblet raised to the students before him, which in addition to Harry, Hermione, and Lilac includes: Marcus Belby, Blaise Zabini, Neville Longbottom, and the twins. A distinctive crystal hourglass sits in the center of the table. "To Hogwarts' best and brightest!" Slughorn cheers. "Here, here!" Cormac spoke with a smile. Hermione exchanges a wry glance with Harry, who notices that one setting is empty. The twins make and drink their toast in perfect unison. Neville stares hopelessly at the vast array of forks, knives, and spoons besides his plate. "Which one do I use for the soup?" Neville questions. Hermione grins, looking up and gets a wink from Cormac. "So tell me, Cormac. See much of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" Slughorn questions.

Lilac points to the spoon used for soups, Neville thanks her softly. "Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister for Magic over holiday." Cormac told Slughorn. "Well, be sure to give them both my best. What about your uncle, Belby? Working on anything new? For those of you who don't know, Marcus' uncle inverted the Wolfsbane Potion." Slughorn told them. As he speaks, Belby never once looks up from his plate. "Dunno... He and me dad don't get on. Probably because Dad thinks potions are rubbish. Says the only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day." Marcus replied. "And you, Miss Granger? What is it your family does in the Muggle world?" Slughorn asked. "My parents are dentists. They tend to people's teeth." Hermione spoke. Lilac sat up with fascination, "Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?" Lilac questioned. "No... Though, a boy named Robbie Fenwick did bite my father once. Needed ten stitches." Hermione explains. Slughorn nods, the door groans. People looked at the door to see Ginny coming inside the room. "Miss Weasley! Come in, come in." Slughorn exclaims with a smile. "Sorry... I'm not ordinarily late." Ginny paused, she falters, eyes read and uncharacteristically flustered. "No matter. You'll be just in time for dessert. That is- if Belby leaves you any." Slughorn spoke. As Ginny moves to her seat, Hermione whispers to Harry, "Look at her eyes. They've been fighting again. Her and Dean." Lilac glances at Hermione before she looks at Ginny. Harry nods, the stands as Ginny reaches the table, the only one. Hermione and Lilac notices, eying him with amusement as he sits. "What?" He questions. "Nothing." Hermione spoke with a smile.

With all the sand have ran out with the evening. Slughorn says his goodbyes. "Thank you, one and all, for a most stimulating evening. We'll have to do it again." Slughorn said, closing the door before turning around. The floor lamp wobbles, someone catches it. "Oh, Potter." Slughorn spoke, looking at the person. "Sorry, sir. I was just admiring your hourglass." Lilac spoke as she glances back at it. "Ah, yes. A most intriguing object." Slughorn murmured. The sands runin accordance to the quality of the conversation. When it is stimulating, the sands run slow. When it is not... "I think I'll be going." Lilac murmured, looking at the door. "Nonsense. You have nothing to fear. As for some of your classmates, well, let's just say, they're unlikely to make the shelf." Slughorn says as he steps to a makeshift bar and begins to construct a drink. "The shelf, sir?" Lilac questioned. Slughorn gestures to the photographs seen earlier, now ranged like a menagerie atop a low bookcase. Once again.. Lily Potter and Regulus Black up front. "Anyone who aspires to be anyone hopes to end up here. Then again... you are already someone aren't you, Lilac?" Slughorn spoke.

"I don't really know how to answer that, sir." Lilac spoke, she was only the twin of the Chosen One... Nothing too special. "Your mother was modest too. Your father not so much. As you can see, he did not make the shelf." Slughorn smiles genially, turns back to his drink, using a pair of tongs to drop ice into his glass. "Did Voldemort ever make the shelf?" Lilac asks, her head tilt towards Slughorn. Slughorn stiffens, his back to Harry. His hand trembles and the ice slips from the tongs. Lilac notices his behaviour. "You knew him, didn't you? Tom Riddle... You were his teacher." Lilac told him, no emotion showing. "Mr. Riddle had many teachers while here at Hogwarts." Slughorn told her. "What was he like?" Lilac asks Slughorn. Lilac can see the vein in Slughorn's temple pulsating. Fearing she might have overstepped... "I'm sorry, sir. Forgive me. He killed my parents... you see." Lilac stops, frowing. Slughorn turns to study Lilac before nodding. "Of course. It's only natural that you should want to know more. I'm afraid I must disappoint you, Lilac. When I first met young Mr. Riddle, he was simply a quiet, albeit brilliant, boy committed to becoming a first-rate wizard. Not unlike the others I've known. In fact, not unlike... you. If the monster existed, it was buried deep within." Slughorn explains as the grain of the hourglass fell.