ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟜 :

Lilac walked down the halls of Hogwarts as she walked to her least favorite class since she hated the teacher. She looked around to see people glaring at her or even looking at her. She shook it off, it was still about the Heir...

"There's the Heir, looking for her new victim." A girl from Ravenclaw whispered to her friend.

Lilac closed her eyes and walked quicker. She felt like she was suffocating in her own uniform.

"Princess Slytherin."

"Do you really think she's related to Harry Potter?"

"Heir of Slytherin."

Lilac choked down a sob, she had feelings yet... She felt like they weren't valid since she was in Slytherin. No one cries, no one shows emotions. Lilac closed her eyes as she ran to her class. She couldn't handle it anymore. She wanted to be free. She bumped into Draco who looked at her. "Hey..." Draco said teasingly before he stopped seeing her cry. "Hey...What's wrong?" He asked. "I-It's nothing, Draco." She said softly before paying attention to the class. Dueling Club? A meeting tonight? She looked at the stage that everyone was looking at. Lockhart struts atop of it.

"Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works." Lockhart said. The students began to surround the stage, they were all divided within their houses. The boy next to Harry, Justin Finch-Fletchley turns to face him. "That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave chap... Justin Finch-Fletchley. Hufflepuff." He said before introducing himself.

"Nice to meet you. I'm-" Harry said about to introduce myself too before being interrupted. "I know who you are. We all do. Even us Muggle-borns.. Is it true that your sister is the Heir?" He said before turning back at the stage. Professor Snape has joined Lockhart. Lilac smirked slightly as she would see her Professor beat Lockhart at a duel. "Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!" Lockhart told them.

"What's the fun in that?" Ron asked. Lilac rolled her eye, she still had her bandages over her eye since she didn't want magically healing for a burn. Lockhart and Snape face each other and bow. They turn, walk ten paces, then... spin... wands poised like swords. "I say Professor Snape will win." Lilac told Draco and Emersyn. Emersyn laughed, "Of course. Slytherin for the win." She commented.

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course." Lockhart told them. Harry eyed Snape, "I wouldn't bet on that." Harry said. Lockhart counted down from three. Snape was quick to do the first spell. "Expelliarmus!" Snape exclaimed. A dazzling flash of scarlet light burst forth and blasts Lockhart off his feet towards the wall behind. "Do you think he's all right?" Hermione asked. Lilac scoffed out a laugh. "Who cares?" Harry and Ron said in unison. Lockhart got up unsteadily. "Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand." He admitted. Hermione grabbed his wand and gave it to him. "Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy..." Lockhart told them.

Lilac rolled her eyes, "Lies." She mumbled. "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Snape told Lockhart. "An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Lockhart said. "Which Potter, oh wait... It's Harry." Lilac said before looking at Harry. Lilac glanced towards Hermione. If they were doing this, it was probably Slytherin versus Gryffindor. "Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house. Malfoy, perhaps." Snape said before telling Draco to get up on the stage. Lilac sighed softly. They take their places on the stage before bowing to each other. "Scared, Potter?" Draco asked teasingly.

"You wish." Harry replied.

They turn around, walk ten paces. They turn to face each other, getting their wands at the ready. "Wands at the ready! When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent. Only to disarm. We don't want any accidents. One... Two..." Lockhart said. Draco fires early, knocking Harry off his feet with a blast of a white light. Harry jumps up, he quickly points his wand towards Draco. "Rictusempra!" Harry exclaimed. A jet of silver light hits Draco dead in the stomach. He doubles up, wheezing. "I said disarm only!" Lockhart said.

"Serpensortia!" Draco yelled out. To Harry's and Lilac's horror, the tip of Draco's wand explodes and a long black snake slithers forth. Snape smiles with amusement. "Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." Snape said. Lockhart took his wand out, "Allow me!" He said. With a flick of his wand, the snake flies into the air. It hisses in rage and slithers straight for Justin Finch-Fletchley. As the students scream, Lilac rushes to the front of Justin. It rises, fangs exposed, poised to strike at Lilac. "Harry stop moving now." Lilac told him. He quickly stops as he looks at her in question. "Leave him be." Lilac said in parseltongue.

The snake looks into Harry's eyes then turns back towards Lilac. "I said leave the boy alone. Now." The snake hovers a moment more before slumping to the floor. Lilac blinks as she feels like she was coming out of a trance. "You okay?" She asked quietly towards Justin. "What are you playing at?" Justin asked terrified. Justin backs away. Lilac took a deep breath in and looked at the students around her. The Gryffindors and Ravenclaws were looking at Lilac with fear. Draco and Theodore looked rather shocked. Harry looked at her with sympathy, she wasn't the Heir. Emersyn looked rather proud while Ginny bolted out of the room. Snape waves his wand and the snake vanishes into a puff of black smoke. Lilac quickly ran after Ginny wanting to see what was wrong, she hated the eyes.

She hated the stares...

She hated that she might be the Heir...

It made her fear.

That maybe....

Just maybe, she was the Heir of Slytherin.