ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡:

Later that night, the golden trio and Lilac climb the stairs to find a crowd gathered on the Seventh floor landing. "What's the hold-up? Only Neville ever forgets the password." Ron says. Percy quickly pushes past them, bumping into Lilac purposefully. "Let me through, please. Excuse me, thank you, I'm Head boy..." Percy said before stopping. "Back! All of you! No one is to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched!" Percy exclaims.

"I hate him... He's so full of himself." Lila muttered. The four of them exchange dark glances, when Ginny emerges from the crowd, her face ashen. "The fat lady... she's gone." Ginny told them. "Probably stuffing her face with the apples in that still life on the second floor again." Ron explains towards her. "No. You don't understand." Ginny told him. "Look..." Lila whispered, pointing to her portrait. It has been slashed viciously, great strips of canvas hanging from the frame. Just then, Dumbledore appears. "Mr. Filch. Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady." Dumbledore said. Just then, there is a scream. Lila was first to dash to the landing where all the paintings whisper fearfully. She looks up to see the Fat Lady. "There'll be no need for ghosts, Professor." Lila told them as she looked at the painting high up.

"Dear lady. Who did this to you?" Dumbledore questions. "Eyes like the devil he's got. And a soul as dark as his name. It was him, Headmaster. The one they talk about. He's here. Somewhere. Sirius Black." The Fat Lady said, in some kind of trance. As the students react, Dumbledore's voice cuts through. "Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you, including you Miss Potter.. To the Great Hall." Dumbledore told them. Lilac looked at Harry, she figured this year would be adventurous.

One by one, deep in the distance, the lights of the Great Hall go out. Everyone had a sleeping bag, and many were already asleep for the night... All except for Harry and Lilac. Lilac watched the net of stars glimmer beyond the highest window. A gentle creek is heard and their eyes shift. Snape pass through the great doors, converge with Dumbledore. "I've done the dungeons, Headmaster. No sign of Black. Nor anywhere else in the castle." Snape says. Dumbledore nods, "I didn't really expect him to linger." Dumbledore says. "Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter Hogwarts castle on one's own, completely undetected..." Snape tells. Dumbledore gazes at the students, refusing to take the bait. "You may recall, prior to the start of term, I did express my concerns when you appointed Professor-" Snape says before being interrupted. "I do not believe a single professor inside this castle would have helped Sirius Black enter it, Severus." Dumbledore explains.

As Snape's eyes glitter darkly, Dumbledore gazes out over the slumbering students. "No... I feel quite confident the castle is safe. And I'm more than willing to let the students return to their Houses. But tomorrow. For now, let them sleep." Dumbledore says. As Dumbledore's gaze finds the Potter twins, Harry shuts his eyes, feigning sleep. "It's astonishing what the body can endure when the mind allows itself to rest." Dumbledore states.

In the morning, everyone was allowed to go to their own Houses and their classes with only a bit of worry that Sirius could be close. Lilac walked inside Lupin's classroom, besides Emersyn. After everyone was sitting at their desks, Snape strides inside the class. Snape pulls down the screen over the blackboard, he turns around to face the students. "Turn to page 394." Snape tells them. As the students eye Snape with guarded curiosity, Lilac did as told. "Excuse me, sir, but... Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asks Snape. "That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say, your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Page 394." Snape tells Harry. Snape waves the moth away, blows out a candle and a slideshow begins. An ancient woodcut of a horrific beast flickers at the front of the room. Ron frowns down at his book. "Werewolves?" He questions. "But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks." Hermione tries to reason. "Quiet!" Snape exclaimed. Ron then whispered to Harry about how Hermione came in or when she did. "Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape questions. As the class stares mutely at a slide of an attacking werewolf. Hermione waiting desperately for someone to respond to Snape's questions.

Lilac knew the difference since she was one afterall. "No one? Miss Potter?" Snape said. But before Lilac could answer Snape, Hermione butted in. "Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter. Furthermore, the werewolf actively hunts humans and responds only to the call of its own kind." Hermione says. Draco then lets out a low howl. "Quiet, Malfoy!" Snape said. "Though one must admit to feeling your pain. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Snape added. Lilac closed her mouth as she looked at her book.

"He's got a point, you know." Ron whispered towards Harry. "Five points from Gryffindor!" Snape scolded. "As an antidote to your ignorance, I prescribe two rolls of parchment on the werewolf by Monday morning, with particular emphasis placed on recognizing it." Snape told the class. Lilac sighed and put her head down, she really didn't want to write two rolls about werewolves... Yet, she had too.