ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟:

Lilac sat with Emersyn in the great hall. Lilac looked at Draco, his arm bound in a sling. Pansy was in front of him, concerning if he was in pain. "Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy asked. "It comes and goes. Still... I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two... and I could've lost the arm." Draco said, acting like it was dramatic. Lilac scoffed, she was feeling like a ping of jealousy within her. "Hey Lila. Emersyn. How's the lovely ladies doing?" Theo asked as he sat in front of them.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione watch from the Gryddindor table. "The little git. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron asked. "At least Hagrid didn't get sacked." Harry told them as he watched Lilac talk with another boy. Theodore Notts. "Yes. But I hear Draco's father is furious. I don't think we've heard the end of this..." Hermione stated.

"He's been sighted!" Seamus exclaimed. Lilac looked at the Gryffindor table, she stood up, striding to him. "Who has?" She asked, tilting her head. Seamus gave her the Daily Prophet, which had a photograph of Sirius Black on the front page. "Ah." She hummed, unamused. "Achintee? That's not far from here..." Hermione states. "You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville questioned the Gryffindors. "With the Dementors at every entrance?" Lavender asked. "Dementors? He's already slipped by them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he can't do it again?" Lavender added. As a flicker of fear passes through the Potter twins' faces. Bem, another Gryffindor, stares grimly at the image of Sirius Black. "That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." Bem stated.

Lila walked inside the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. A tall wardrobe rattles violently in front of the class. "Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" Professor Lupin asked. Lila was beside Theodore and Emersyn. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle were behind her in their group. "That's a Boggart, that is." Seamus says in a hushed tone. "Very good, Mr. Innigan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?" Professor Lupin questions.

"No one knows." Hermione states. Ron jumps, before looking at Hermione. "When'd she get here?" Ron whispers to Harry. "Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so..." Hermione says. Lilac sighed, fearily. The class would soon know her fear. "Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands, please... Riddikulus!" Lupin says towards the class.

"Riddikulus!" The class repeats. "This class is ridiculous." Draco mutters softly. "Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Neville, come up here, will you?" Lupin explains. Neville eyes the rattling wardrobe, he steps forward queasily. "What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?" Lupin questions Neville.

"Profter... Snafpt." Neville mumbles.

"Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry." Lupin tells him.

"Professor Snape." Neville tells him.

Everyone begins to laugh good-naturedly. Lupin nods thoughtfully at the fear. Lilac thought that it was reasonable, Professor Snape was head of Slytherin. "Hmm... yes. Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?" Lupin questions. "Yes, but I don't want the Boggart to turn into her either." Neville says. "It won't. But I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Can you do that?" Lupin tells him. Neville closes his eyes as he imagines his grandma's clothes. "She carries a red handbag..." He mutters.

"That's fine. We don't need to hear it. If you see it, we will. Now, when I open this wardrobe, Neville, here's what I want you to do..." Lupin explains. Lupin leans close to Neville, before he whispers to him. Neville's eyes pop open in shock. Consider Lupin uncertainty. "You can do this, Neville." Lupin reassures Neville. Neville nods nervously, taking a deep breath.

"Right then. Wand at the ready. One... Two... Three!" Lupin says. Sparks jet rom Lupin's wand, striking the doorknob, and the wardrobe bursts open. Instantly, Snape appears, eyes flashing hideously as he stalks forward. Neville backs away in fright. "Think, Neville, think!" Lupin says. "R-r-riddikulous!" Neville exclaims. Snape stumbles in a flash of light and reappears in a long-trimmed dress, towering moth-eaten hat and crimson handbag. Instantly, the class roars with laughter, except for Draco and his fellow Slytherins. Lilac smirked at Draco and Neville. Neville blinks, amazed, then slowly grins himself. Lupin drops the needle on an old gramophone. As a scratchy rhumba fills the room, he points to Ron.

"Ron! Forward!" Lupin exclaims.

Snape dissolves into a mad whirling mass, then mutates into a giant spider. As Ron gasps, Harry and Hermione exchange an uncertain glance. Lupin puts his hands on Ron's shoulders to steady him. Ron raises his hands on Ron's shoulders to steady him. Ron raises his wand. "Riddikulous!" Ron exclaimed. Suddenly, the giant spider had roller skates materialize on the spider's hairy feet and it begins to shuffle crazily in place.

Instantly, Ron relaxes as the class' laughter rings out. "Parvati!" Lupin calls out. As Parvati steps up, the spider spins faster and faster, a dizzying blur, the reappears as a vampire. "Riddikulous!" She called out. The vampire whips its cloak across its eyes then the cloak reopens. The class began to laugh, the vampire was now dressed like Carmen Miranda.

"Mr. Thomas!" Lupin exclaims. As Dean steps up, the vampire's undulating body attenuates, its skin darkening with diamond-thatched scales becoming a giant cobra. "Riddikulous!" Dean exclaims. The cobra's hooded head bobs back and forth, transforming into a jack-in-the-box. Lupin grins, happy for his students.

"Next!" Lupin says.

Harry steps forwards, concern flickers through Lilac's and Lupin's face. The Jack-in-the-box pivots on its spring, its face tumbling toward Harry, becoming more sinister before transforming into a Dementor. Harry starts to raise his wand, then freezes, transfixed. The Dementor looms closer and closer. "Oh Harry..." Lila whispers before stepping in front of Harry with her wand raised. "Here!" She exclaims.

The Dementor vanishes before appearing again as Lilac with a death eater mark on her left forearm. Lilac studies the copy in front of her, her hair was in a ponytail, her eyes different from her own. Lilac then looks to the ground to see Harry, Draco, Theodore, and Emersyn dead. Lilac gasped out, hiding her fear and tears. "Riddikulous!!" She exclaims, getting rid of the copy of her and the dead bodies. The boggart darts back into the wardrobe. The door slams shut and the class cheers. Lupin tries to touch Lilac's shoulder which she brushed off quickly. Lilac looked at Lupin before running off to the girl's bathroom.

"Well done, everyone. I think that's enough excitement for today." Lupin tells them. Harry was still thinking about Lilac's fear. Why was it herself? As the students exit, chattering loudly, only Harry, subdued, remains behind. At the doorway, Lupin glances back, exchanging a private glance with him. As he exits, the wardrobe gives one last rattle.

Soooo.... I decided to write another chapter since I wanted to keep my inspiration. I like this chapter.. I also liked the idea of Lila's or Lilac's fear to be herself and what she could become... A new dark lord, like Voldemort. I decided that this would have been the best choice other than the two other ideas I had which was Voldemort himself or drowning... (Don't ask)