1 - first day of high school

(maddie's pov)
my alarm clock rang at 7:30am. it was my first day of high school.
i was exhausted. last night i barely got any sleep because for some reason i just couldn't fall asleep.. my bed wasn't comfortable, my room was too hot (despite the ac being on full blast), there was so much noise from the roads, and you get the idea.
i rubbed my eyes, getting out of bed as the sunlight peaked through my curtains. it was already 7:32am now. i had to get ready quick because sophie, my best friend, was coming round at 8:30, then my mom was gonna drive us to school, which was right round the corner.
i looked in my closet for what i was gonna wear, then decided on wearing my black tank top and navy adidas joggers. it wasn't too hot today, just normal weather so i wouldn't be too hot or cold.
as i got dressed and did my makeup, i couldn't help but just feel terrified. i mean it was gonna be better than middle school, but i was so scared. what if i got recognised for being the sturniolo triplets younger sister? what if people started harassing me with questions? what if i got bullied?
i tried to shake these anxious thoughts out of my head, as i headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. trevor followed me into the bathroom, as i petted him with my toothbrush in my mouth. i looked into the empty hallway as i ran my hands through his fur, thinking that my brothers wouldn't be up yet. they never get up until like 12 anyway. that's another 4 and a half hours to go.

"good morning sweetie" my mom (marylou) smiled at me, cooking me some pancakes.
"good morning mom" i smiled, sitting down at the table. she served me my pancakes, which were coated in maple syrup. i devoured them. i was so hungry
"are you excited for your first day of high school?" mom asked me. i put on a fake smile
"yeah, i am" i smiled, drinking my glass of apple juice.
"good" she smiled, picking up her purse "what time is sophie coming? 8:30?"
"yeah, 10 minutes" i replied. it was 8:20 now.
as much as i was scared about high school, i was happy that i could experience it with my bestest friend in the whole world, and with the most supportive family i could ever wish for.

it was around 8:45 now. sophie came over at 8:30 and we were just chilling in my room, catching up, as i hadn't seen her most the summer as she had been visiting her family in toronto. my mom came in and told us it was time to go. my stomach turned, but i smiled anyways. sophie didn't seem nervous at all. i wish i could be like her.
we got in the car and listened to some music. my mom was busy talking to sophie about canada the whole time, whilst i zoned out looking out the window. my leg was bouncing. i was so scared, but i didn't want to tell my mom because then she would tell my brothers and i didn't want to disturb them.

we arrived at school. my mom kissed me goodbye as me and sophie made our way into the school.
the corridor was busy as FUCK. and the buildings were massive. at least me and sophie were in the same home room.
"which number is our classroom?" i asked her
"classroom 47" she replied "let's go"
as we walked down the hall, i noticed eyes coming my way. they weren't looking at sophie, they were looking at me. i felt my heart pounding out of my chest, and my face was going red. my palms were sweating. i felt so nervous. sophie wasn't nervous at all, as she practically strutted down the hall. i could see some people whispering to each other. they definitely knew who i was. i didn't want to be known at this school, i wanted to start afresh.
we got to classroom 47. we stood outside for a second, unsure if we were early. sophie noticed i was red. she squeezed my hand
"relax. it's gonna be okay" she smiled, looking into my eyes. i breathed in, and out, and smiled back. i could feel myself cooling down, as we went into our homeroom class and got our seats.