66 - sleepy

(maddie's pov - 45 mins later)
we had been in the sky for like half an hour now. it was pretty calm and relaxed, thank god there were no screaming babies or kids on the flight, because not only would i go mental, but i was afraid that nick would end up being put in jail because of how crazy he would go..
my brothers were all watching different films on their tvs infront of them, and i had previously said to myself that i would watch a film too, but there were really just no good films in the selection. i asked matt what film he was watching to get some inspo but the film he was watching sounded boring as shit, as well as nick, and i couldn't be bothered to ask chris about his film.
i had been on my phone the whole flight so far, looking at all my tiktok drafts and trying to pass the time. also i had nothing else to do bc obviously there was no wifi, but my fatigue that i had felt earlier this morning was beginning to creep back onto me, and i was struggling to stay awake, but i didn't want to fall asleep because i fucking hated falling asleep in any place that wasn't my home. i just felt scared that something bad would happen whilst i'm asleep.. like what if the plane crashes when i'm sleeping and then the last time i'm alive is like right now??? that scares the shit out of me.
i tried to hide my exhaustion, but i just ended up falling asleep on nicks shoulder. for pretty much the whole flight.

(nick's pov)
i was invested in this film.
it was a murder mystery kinda film, and i'm not really into that sort of shit, but this was really good.
just as the film was beginning to reach its climax, i felt a slight weight on my right shoulder. i immediately turned to my right, but my heart melted when i saw maddie. fast asleep.
kid was really knocked out
i gently moved my arm slightly so that it was around her, and placed my hand on her shoulder, softly rubbing it with my thumb. i wanted to make sure she got as much rest as possible so that she was energised for this trip. maddie was gonna love LA.

(another 45 minutes later - nick)
the film had finished quite a while ago, and now i had been watching some things i'd downloaded on netflix on my phone. maddie was still slumped out, but then i felt a bit more weight on my left side, and i didn't even have to turn to the side to know that chris had also fallen asleep. on my shoulder.
i chuckled lightly, shifting my position again slightly so he could be more comfortable, and i leaned forward slightly to try and get matts attention because he would find this funny, but to my surprise HE WAS FUCKING ASLEEP TOO.
he was leaning a bit on maddie but was literally passed out.
was there something wrong with me for not even being the slightest bit tired?
probably because i am the only sturniolo who actually has their sleep schedule slightly more organised..
anyways, now that i was the only sibling awake, i didn't really want to fall asleep. i was gonna stay awake and look out for my siblings so that if they needed anything they knew i was here. i gently brushed a strand of hair away from maddie's face, careful to not wake her up.
5 more hours to go.

(5 hours later - matt's pov)
i just woke up; i had fallen asleep for pretty much the whole journey, and by the looks of it, so had maddie and chris. i had accidentally fallen asleep against her shoulder, and at first i felt kinda bad because i didn't want to disturb her rest, but when i woke up she was still knocked out. so it's all good.
chris had just woken up as well. we would be landing in around 20 minutes, and the flight attendants were going around serving ice lollies and the cabin lights had been turned back on and were SUPER bright, which is why i woke up. maddie must've been exhausted, because these lights would be enough to wake up a dead lion from a mile away.
"do you think we should wake her up soon?" nick whispered to me. i shrugged.
"wait a bit. when there's ten minutes left. she will probably wake up before then." i quietly replied, glancing at how peaceful she looked. she was gonna be super groggy when she woke up later.
we would just have to wait and see.

(10 mins later - matt)
10 mins.
actually, now it's 9 mins until we landed. back in LA for the first time in months. i couldn't wait.
"you guys should probably wake her up" chris said to me and nick. i nodded, gesturing that i would do it. her head was still resting on nicks shoulder, as it had been for the whole flight. i gently tapped her shoulder, watching her eyes slowly flutter open, but not completely.
"hey, sleepyhead. it's time to wake up, we're landing in 9 minutes" i softly spoke, gently running my hands through her hair. she slowly blinked her eyes open, looking exhausted. she looked around the cabin, confused.
"i'm so tired." she murmured, leaning back into nicks shoulder.
"i know you are, it's been a long day. just think about it though, when we get off the plane and get our luggage, you can sleep the whole taxi home. then you'll feel nice and refreshed." i smiled.
"and we'll order some nice dinner tonight." chris added on, leaning forward to look at maddie.
she slowly nodded.
"ok. i love you guys."
"we love you more."