17 - italy + more macy

(2:45pm)
we were now all having lunch as a family, eating chicken wings and fries which jimmy cooked (my dad). i felt not as angry as i did this morning and i had pretty much forgotten about sophie again,
i kept getting snapchat notifications from macy. we had been chatting pretty much the whole day. i opened the message, eating the fries. i laughed at my phone. my brothers looked at me.
"what are you smiling at" nick chuckled
"are you messaging a boyyyyy" chris giggled, nudging me. i kicked his leg under the table.
"no, chris! i'm messaging macy. the girl i gave the brownies to." i explained, watching his face change, as he laughed more.
"oh" he laughed.
"macy.. is that the girl you got ice cream with in the park on friday?" marylou asked, eating the chicken wings.
"yes, her"
"is she a nice girl?" dad asked me. i nodded.
"yeah, she's super nice" i smiled. everyone smiled back.
"i'm glad to hear it" nick mumbled.
mom got a call.
"whose calling me?" she asked, looking at her phone.
"i dunno. how are we supposed to know?" nick sarcastically said, making chris laugh.
"it's patt" she said
"who the fuck is patt??" nick said, as chris laughed even more. i grinned,
"i need to take this, she never calls so it must be something important" mom said, leaving to go upstairs.
"no seriously who is patt, dad?" nick asked dad. he finished chewing.
"your moms third cousin"
"how does she even know who her third cousins are?? i don't even know who ours are" chris laughed. dad shrugged.
"one of the many mysteries"

(3:06pm)
we were all in our separate bedrooms just chilling, when i heard moms voice from downstairs.
"everyone!! come downstairs, we have something to tell you!!"
i left my room and came downstairs with my brothers.
"so.. me and your dad are going to italy for 2 weeks"
our eyes widened.
"what? why?" matt asked
"italy.. that's so far away" nick replied
"i know, i know. my third cousin unfortunately passed away and she lives in italy, so we are gonna need to fly all the way to italy for the funeral."
there was a silence
"but why 2 weeks?" matt asked "doesn't the funeral last like a day or two-"
"i'm not sure, matt, but all i know is we need to stay for two weeks. italian funerals are different i believe"
(idk they're probably not different just go along with it)
"wait so you're leaving tomorrow?" i asked. they nodded. i frowned.
"awwwww that's so sad" chris said
"yes, but it means you will all be in charge of her" she said, pointing to me.
"wow. 'her'" i said
this conversation lasted for like five more minutes before my parents began to pack. i wouldn't see them tomorrow because their flight was at 6am so they had to leave at just before 4am. i was gonna miss them..

(5:37pm, chris' pov)
me and my brothers were in the kitchen with mom again. we were just filming a challenge for youtube but had to pause when she came down.
"what, mom?" i asked, getting a bit impatient now as we had to keep refilming the video because of noise on the street.
"are you guys gonna be okay by yourself?" she asked.
"what? yes of course we will, we'll be fine don't worry" i responded
"yeah, we got it all under control" matt responded
"okay, fine" mom responded, standing still. "just please make sure you look after your sister, make sure she knows that if she's upset or anxious that she can talk to you. because 2 weeks is a long time for me and your father to be away. we wouldn't usually do this but we have no choice, and i trust you guys to be sensible."
we nodded.
"we'll always take care of our sister, mom. don't even think about that." nick smiled.

(monday, 8:35am, maddie's pov)
me and matt were on our way to school. he was dropping me off as per usual. our parents had left for italy 2 hours ago. i said goodbye to them last night, but i was gonna call them every night and tell them about my day.
me and matt were singing to trillys songs, when we arrived at school. he lowered the volume of the music.
"alright, bye kid" he said, unlocking the door for me. "you go have a good day. i love you"
"i love you more matt, thanks for dropping me!"
i shut the door and went into school, as matt drove off.

(3:38pm, tuesday)
it was the next day. my brothers were out in the mall shopping so i decided to invite macy over to my house after school. we were in my room, and i was showing her around my room.
"your room is so fucking cool bro. i wish my room was like this" she said, looking around. i chuckled.
"you're seeing my room on a good day. you got no idea what it looks like normally."
macy laughed
"i bet it would still be cleaner than mine"
we just chilled and ordered take out, mcdonald's of course.
macy had to leave at 6 for her piano lesson and my brothers got back at 6:30. i gave them the leftovers and to my surprise, chris bought me the shoes i had been wanting for ages.
"they were back in stock" chris smiled, handing me the shoe box. my jaw was DROPPED to the floor as i ran into his chest for a hug.
"what the fuck i LOVE you so much. thank you chrissy"
i was so happy. but little did i know, that was all going to end tomorrow..