78 - macy!!

(the next day - maddie: 8:26pm boston)
well.. we are back in boston!
nick booked us our flight to head back early because of the whole macy situation and i was really fucking worried. it wasn't a big deal though as we were originally leaving two days after today so it made basically no difference.
i was so sleep deprived. i hadn't slept last night, my mind was just racing. i just couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard i tried. i had tried sleeping on the sofa but that hadn't worked because the refrigerator kept making noises which was starting to scare me, so i went back to matts bed but still couldn't sleep. and then on the plane i couldn't either. so basically i was a mess again. but for now, i needed to find FUCKING MACY.

we got home, and as soon as mom and dad opened the door i dived into my moms arms and broke down in tears again. she wrapped me in a warm embrace and held me tight.
"oh, sweetheart. i'm so sorry. they're gonna find her, i promise they're gonna find her."
i wanted to reply, but i couldn't.
"come on, go make yourself comfy on the sofa and i'll make you a warm cup of tea and then we can all talk." my dad softly spoke, rubbing my back. chris came with me, taking my backpack off of my back and guiding me to the living room. i slumped down onto the sofa as trevor jumped onto my lap, licking my face. i held him tight like he was a little teddy bear, and i just continued to sob as chris rubbed my shoulder with a sympathetic expression.
my mom and dad came down a little later, nick and matt were busy loading the suitcases into the house and also they probably didn't want me to feel overwhelmed if we were all in the living room. one brother was enough for now.

my hands were shaking as i sipped the tea, my mom wiping away my tears. it made me cry even more when i saw how upset my parents and chris looked that i was upset, and trevor was even whining a bit, but i'm not sure if that's just because he was hungry.
"i don't wanna lose another best friend- like- like i'm so scared." i cried into my dads shoulder.
"maddie, everything is going to be absolutely okay. trust me, we've got you kiddo. you're allowed to feel scared, you're allowed to be upset, it's okay to be worried right now." my dad softly spoke, cradling my head. "we don't have all the answers, but i believe macy will be found."
"but you don't know-"
"we don't know anything right now, sweetheart. but we need to be hopeful. we can't just go around thinking of the worst possible scenario, for now, we need to focus on giving it time and taking care of you as much as possible, because you're our baby." my mom spoke, moving a strand of hair out of my face. "and you always will be."
and after that moment, i begun to see some light. i started to have some hope that macy really was okay, because even though my mind was a mess, having my family here to comfort me and tell me it's okay was saving me right now.

(macy's pov - cleveland)
it was around 6pm. i was in a police office wrapped in a blanket, shivering and soaking wet, with my makeup running down my face and a dead phone.
"alright, macy. we've tried to call your mom, but there was no response, so we're gonna wait." the officer said, trying to reassure me. i was shaking.
"b-but how am i gonna get back to n-nebraska from here??"
suddenly, the phone rung, interrupting me.
"that's your mom." the officer responded, bringing the phone to her ear. "hello, is this mrs. brown?"
i zoned out as the woman spoke to my mom. i couldn't stop thinking about how crazy i have been recently.. ghosting my mother fucking best friend, and my whole family. what was i thinking, running away like this? man, i'm several states away from where i should be right now. i'm in the middle of nowhere. i will NEVER do this again.
"macy? your mom wants to speak to you."
i looked up at the officer, snapping back into reality.
"right.. oh, yeah." i stuttered, standing up and heading over to them, lifting the phone to my ear, expecting my mom to be FURIOUS with me. "h-hello, mom??"
"MACY!! oh my gosh- macy!! are you okay?? i've been worried sick about you- oh macy, my sweet girl, macy-"
"mom. mom, i'm fine. don't worry. and i'm SO so sorry. i'm sorry for doing this to you- and to everyone, and-"
"oh, darling, no, I'M sorry for leaving you alone in the dark, and for making you feel so alone. i've been so worried about your brother lately that i forgot about something equally as important." she paused. "my beautiful daughter."
a tear rolled down my face, as i brought a hand to my mouth. the officer gave me a sympathetic smile.
"i love you mom. please come get me."

(11:30pm boston - maddie)
me, my parents and the triplets (and trevor ofc) had all been watching a movie for almost an hour now in the living room, all cozy and warm. chris had actually fallen asleep and i was snuggled up next to matt as he ran his hand through my hair. my mood was feeling slightly better, and like i said i was feeling a bit less negative about this situation than i was earlier, and everytime i felt a bit sad i would look around at my family and just feel grateful i have them, because lord knows what the fuck i would do if i didn't.
my eyes were beginning to get heavy, and i could feel myself almost drifting to sleep, when suddenly-
RING! RING! RING!
my eyes shot back open, and the noise woke chris up too, as we all shot our heads towards the telephone. my mom got up, and headed towards it.
"who could that be at this time?" she muttered, clearly exhausted too, as she lifted the phone up to her ear and headed out the room. "hello?"
i sighed, resting my head back on the side of matt's arm.
"you're exhausted, kiddo." matt murmured, brushing a strand of hair away from my forehead gently. "why don't you go get some sleep? it's been a long day."
i shook my head. matt was right though, i was tired and i did want to sleep, but every time i closed my eyes my thoughts were filled with macy.
"it's fine. i'm not tired."
he gave me a look of disapproval.
"you most definitely are."
i decided to ignore him and focus my attention back on the film.
"what the fuck is this plot twist?" nick suddenly blurted out at the film we were watching, this being the first time he had spoken since we started watching the film. "can we turn a different film on, actually? this is bullsh-"
"MADDIE!" mom exclaimed, rushing back into the room with the telephone, waking me right up again. we all turned towards her.
"huh?" i muttered, rubbing my eyes. my mom gave me a smile, full of joy, and for a split second i had already figured out what had just happened.
macy?
"i think you're gonna wanna talk on this phone for a bit.." my mom grinned, slowly passing me the phone.
i slowly took the phone, with hesitation, and placed it to my ear. everyone stared at me, their eyes full of anticipation.
"h-hello?"
"maddie."
my jaw DROPPED. i stared around the room at my family members, who were all looking shocked.

"MACY!!!"